• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Unshielded Subwoofer -> Problems?

Deadlierchair

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2003
Messages
1,400
I just moved a set of Altec Lansing ADA885 speakers to my computer to use the digital stuff on them, and I've read that the subwoofer is not magnetically shielded. The subwoofer is right next to my case, which contains all the stuff below. Could this cause problems in any way?
 
Very likely not, if your case is made of metal.

If you're paranoid keep a few inches of space in between the case and the sub, which should be sufficient.
Just dont set it on top of a CRT monitor.
 
My unshielded dual sub box is 7" away from my metal case.
I was concerned about my HDDs, but I haven't had any problems.

Metal case?
 
Back
Top