Unreal Tournament Pre Alpha

Good stuff. Been playing it for a few months now. The online community is way better than 3 was. Lots of servers running whenever I log in. Can't wait to see this finished.

yeah i uninstalled this a couple months ago, because i could only find 1 or 2 servers populated.

Has the player base grown yet? It may be worth a reinstall, as it was quite fun; only lacking in players.

I've been playing this off and on. Has anyone else tried playing it on Linux? It seems like it looks a lot worse on Linux than Windows. I'm starting to notice that as a trend in Linux games

I've been playing this off and on. Has anyone else tried playing it on Linux? It seems like it looks a lot worse on Linux than Windows. I'm starting to notice that as a trend in Linux games

No offense bro but, duh. That's unfortunately not changing any time soon. Remember the Valve titles are a rare exception and they have an agenda. Are also not cutting edge. There is nothing wrong with OpenGL though that's for sure.

Finally gave this a try. The finished maps are beautiful and the gameplay is fun. I really miss double-jump though.

Just heard about it. Maybe because it wasn't very good last winter?

You have that strange and once rare disease of being unconscious of things you deem to be unworthy despite not knowing about them. Some kind of generational narcissism. lol.

Anyway, it's an open development process, we can see and feel it's progression, whatever the status of the game at it's earliest (whether experienced naturally or through retroactive psychic absorption, as in your case) the game will, at any rate, become better.

In my opinion it was already largely a better shooter than most of what has been on offer of late, certainly in the arena shooter market.

That being said, there is a much better Unreal Tournament thread on these boards than this one, right here:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1817439&highlight=unreal

You have that strange and once rare disease of being unconscious of things you deem to be unworthy despite not knowing about them. Some kind of generational narcissism. lol.

Anyway, it's an open development process, we can see and feel it's progression, whatever the status of the game at it's earliest (whether experienced naturally or through retroactive psychic absorption, as in your case) the game will, at any rate, become better.

In my opinion it was already largely a better shooter than most of what has been on offer of late, certainly in the arena shooter market.

That being said, there is a much better Unreal Tournament thread on these boards than this one, right here:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1817439&highlight=unreal

i hadn't heard of it until a week ago

I played an hour or two yesterday. Trans needs to go. Chaos and no fun compared to what it should be.

Just remoted into my machine at home and installed.

Will probably get a little quality *HEADSHOT!* time in later this evening.

UT recently went through a massive update, it's much more fun offline now, and the servers are a bit more populated.

Okay! Just got a little play in. And it's official!

I SUCK!

But my system plays it well.

Had one small issue with the game startup being glitchy. Turned out to be my TeamViewer.

If you're running TV on your system:
  1. Extras
  2. Options
  3. Advanced
  4. Show Advanced Options
  5. Advanced Settings for Computers and Contacts
  6. Click the Configure button next to "Quick Connect Button"
  7. Add "ue4-win64-test.exe" (without the quotes)

Note: This is also, apparently a fix for a similar problem with WebEx, though I don't have the WebEx specific instructions.

My fingers are not as nimble as they once were. I also suck at this game online, but its a LOT of fun.

Back