Unreal Tournament 2004 question

CrombieKid

Weaksauce
i have the dvd version of the game, in the manual that came with the game, it says you have to have the play disc in the dvd drive to play the game.. but i can play without it being in there.. so is the manual lying to me or what?

You need two patches:

3270 - Has No CD Patch
3326 (I think) this is the latest patch

Install them in that order.

And BTW, an admin will lock this thread soon enough. Read the sticky.

i havent installed any patches, i just bought the game a couple days ago and i tried it without the cd and it worked, i just thought that was strange cuz the manual told me i needed it

These are not No-CD cracks. They are official Patches/updates from Atari. And if you have not installed any update patches, yes it is wierd.

I noticed the same thing, I started playing and realized I had no CD, after updating. The people at Atari are either really cool or really stupid. Either way I love UT and own a Ligit copy.

you don't have to install UT2k4 patches in order, the patches cover what was patched in the past.... they are all inclusive

i remember they released a patch for the original unreal tournament that rid the need for the cd, it was just under a year after it was released

Sheldog23 said:
These are not No-CD cracks. They are official Patches/updates from Atari. And if you have not installed any update patches, yes it is wierd.

I noticed the same thing, I started playing and realized I had no CD, after updating. The people at Atari are either really cool or really stupid. Either way I love UT and own a Ligit copy.

Exactly.. no worries here. Atari own the copyright to the game, Atari release a patch disabling the CD check = no worries from my side ;)

uh huh, I didn't think this owuld get locked because of that... yeah they have done that with all the Tournaments to date, UT, UT2k3 and UT2k4 which is a really really good thing if you ask me... god I love that game :D

Back