Unreal 3 > doom 3

its newer game on a newer engine, so wouldn't you expect it to be better?

The game is coming out in 2 years at least, probably more than that, and you've seen 4 fucking screenshots and a tech demo. That's your basis for saying it's a better game? Trooooooooll.

yes, but damn, that looks unbelievable to me.

I wasn't trying to start a U3/D3 flame war, im just saying....

look at those pics, it doesn't get much more realistic than that. (you know if monsters were real)

edit: jesus, nm, i'll stick in the webmastering/programming and FS sections where i belong.

i'll believe it's better looking when i see it running on an old budget card and still looking good.

i can't wait for Unreal3....OMFG I WANT!....doom3 and unreal3 OMFG i love them both...fuck hl2 lol.......

Unreal 3 > doom 3

No shit sherlock. We don't even have the hardware to run it yet :D 6800 can only do the techdemo last year :p

[RIP]Zeus said:
i can't wait for Unreal3....OMFG I WANT!....doom3 and unreal3 OMFG i love them both...fuck hl2 lol.......

Yeah you've made that painfully clear in everyone of you're anti HL2 posts. :rolleyes:

Besides soft shadowing (character only), optional light mapping and MAYBE light blooms, there isn't much else in UE3 that can't be done in the D3 engine already. It's mostly a matter of material resolutions and poly counts.

Sizer said:
Besides soft shadowing (character only), optional light mapping and MAYBE light blooms, there isn't much else in UE3 that can't be done in the D3 engine already. It's mostly a matter of material resolutions and poly counts.

I heard they are trying to unreal fun.

Alright guys, that's enough. Unreal 3 is a ways away, so if you want to discuss that without any inflammatory posts, go ahead. Anything else, this thread gets locked.

Sizer said:

Agreed, the Doom3 engine poly-counts were reduced to accomodate for today's video cards, but they can be increased to the same high levels.

Back