Unrar Queue?

The Donut

2[H]4U
Hey

Anyone have any suggestions for software that I can queue up a bunch of rar files to be extracted (or zip files) and it will do them one by one?

After taking over some of the IT work at my current job, our previous guy stored all the systems backups in rar format and we need to extract them all before putting them on new media.

One by one is painful.

Thanks; it works but is awfully slow at extracting. But i'll take it over doing each one manually!

I did Google it, must have used different keywords (Unrar Batch, Unrar Queue).

Uhmmm... highlight all of them in Explorer (Control+A) and right-click, choose one of the Extract options, maybe (if you have WinRAR installed)?

Sorry, must be missing something here, it doesn't seem like such a tough task with WinRAR unless there's more to it...

If you do that with WinRAR, it extracts them all at the same time and brings the entire machine (and subsequently extraction process) to a halt.

If you have a licensed copy of winrar, it comes with a command line utility called unrar.exe. Create a FOR loop calling unrar.exe and you'll extract them one at a time and probably faster than any GUI.

If you do that with WinRAR, it extracts them all at the same time and brings the entire machine (and subsequently extraction process) to a halt.

I've never encountered such an issue - it does them one at a time sequentially based on filenames, not all of them at the same time which would of course bog down most hardware. :)

"Extract here" or "Extract each archive to a separate folder" doesn't fire 'em all up at the same time, it just handles them in sequence... I just took 1400 JPG images and had WinRAR create an archive for each one, then deleted the JPGs leaving the RAR files behind, then Control+A to select all, right-click, choose Extract here, and they just extracted in sequence one at a time.

I've never encountered such an issue - it does them one at a time sequentially based on filenames, not all of them at the same time which would of course bog down most hardware. :)

"Extract here" or "Extract each archive to a separate folder" doesn't fire 'em all up at the same time, it just handles them in sequence... I just took 1400 JPG images and had WinRAR create an archive for each one, then deleted the JPGs leaving the RAR files behind, then Control+A to select all, right-click, choose Extract here, and they just extracted in sequence one at a time.

At least with v3.80... there is a setting that you must do to run one instance, then it'll work otherwise it will unrar all the seperate archives at ONCE.

Just use Par-N-Rar. Works great! Don't need Par's either. http://www.milow.net/public/projects/parnrar.html

Back