Unpopular opinion? Want games without micro-transactions? Retail prices for games need to go up.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
I'm 31 years old and have been playing games since I can remember. Back when I had a NES in the early '90s, games retailed for around $50 which (from Google searching) is around $90 in today's money. Think of the production values and increasing cost that has gone into making games these days. The costs of videogames have not gone up like other things over the years with similar trends, and I think we have to be mature and acknowledge this fact.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 without a doubt has way more content than the first game including a Single Player campaign, but you can still buy that game for $60. So what am I saying? I am saying that I am willing to pay a higher standard price for videogames if it means that these micro-transactions practices are vastly reduced or preferably just abolished altogether. I think at this stage of the evolution of video-gaming that is a fair trade-off. The increased upfront cost of a game could also stop the problems of Day 1 DLCs and maybe paid DLCs altogether.

Over the years many people have complained about cookie-cutter games and studios not being original anymore with new ideas, well with increased production costs and a flat-cost for games the incentive is to make the most back on their initial investment so they play it safe. EA wasn't always evil... in-fact I am playing through Dead Space right now (which I never finished) and I remember Dead Space being a risk for EA, but the guys at EA Redwood Shores (which became Visceral after Dead Space's critical success) convinced the higher ups to take a risk (I remember reading about this in a gaming mag from a while ago). Even though the original Dead Space was not a commercial success for EA it was a critical enough success that EA approved the sequel and Dead Space 2 became a commercial and critical success for them.

My point in that story is that I remember a time when EA had been great and I still think they are (their games not the company) in many ways b/c for the most part I enjoy their games whenever I do buy them (which is rare), but I think a way to foster a better atmosphere in the future of gaming is to pay more upfront money. People will read that and think it's insane that I WANT to spend more money, but that's not the point. The point is that despite inflation, video games have stayed at the same price for the better part of 30 years while production costs have increased and that to me is insane. A lot of people may disagree, and I know others will counter with the fact that there are other developers who can create "complete" titles without the need to resort to micro-transactions but I would say to that that development costs are different for every title, and perhaps for games such as SW: BF 2 it would make more sense since EA knows it'll sell b/c it's Star Wars and there is a lot more content packed-in.

TL;DR: Video game prices have not increased with inflation for 30 years despite increasing production costs. To possibly mitigate future micro-transaction problems, would you be willing to pay a higher bottom-price (say $80 as opposed to $60) for a game upfront to have a more complete experience?

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. DLC and microtransactions have NOTHING to do with game cost. They are 100% about extra money. Studios are bringing in record revenue and spending LESS on game development then they have in the past decade. So, no, game cost does not have to go up, publishers just have to not be assholes. Game cost going up would simply mean we're paying more while anti-consumer practices are still in place and will still continue to get worse. Raising the price will chance NOTHING AT ALL. Stop buying the bullshit spread by publishers, they're never going to be honest.

By the way, NES games (at least in the US) ranged between $30-$50 depending on cart size. SNES was $40+. $50 didn't really became the defacto standard until the PS1, Saturn, and N64. Which stayed that way until the 360, when it went up to $60.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. DLC and microtransactions have NOTHING to do with game cost. They are 100% about extra money. Studios are bringing in record revenue and spending LESS on game development then they have in the past decade. So, no, game cost does not have to go up, publishers just have to not be assholes. Game cost going up would simply mean we're paying more while anti-consumer practices are still in place and will still continue to get worse. Raising the price will chance NOTHING AT ALL. Stop buying the bullshit spread by publishers, they're never going to be honest.

By the way, NES games (at least in the US) ranged between $30-$50 depending on cart size. SNES was $40+. $50 didn't really became the defacto standard until the PS1, Saturn, and N64. Which stayed that way until the 360, when it went up to $60.
a few NES games were over $60. I think my dad paid $70 for Nobunagas Ambition, it was a turn based strategy game.

This a thousand times. Yes, games are more complex than ever, but more consumers are buying them than ever. Not to mention a stamped DVD costs a fraction of the price of an old fashioned game cart.

Publishers cry poor from atop their ivory towers while pulling in more cash than ever before.

This a thousand times. Yes, games are more complex than ever, but more consumers are buying them than ever. Not to mention a stamped DVD costs a fraction of the price of an old fashioned game cart.

Publishers cry poor from atop their ivory towers while pulling in more cash than ever before.

Exactly. Hell, Take-Two will bring in over a billion dollars this fiscal year. They haven't released many games this year so they will be making hundreds of millions in profit.

You can google old Toys R Us ads and see plenty of games costing $60-70 in the mid 90's. Long before anything had the production values of CoD, Uncharted, etc.

That's also when games sold a million or so copies in their production. They now sell several million in their first week, with digital (aka no distribution cost) copies being a larger and larger percentage.

You also have massive brand deals, advertising, metrics sales, not to mention gold editions, premium editions, collectors editions...

That could not be farther from the truth. Get your facts straight.

"I’ve made the argument over the last few years that games are essentially cheaper than they’ve ever been. An NES game in 1990 cost, on average, about $50. That’s $89 in 2013 money. Your $70 N64 cartridges in 1998 would require the equivalent of $100 today. Heck, the $50 PlayStation 2 game you bought in 2005 is worth $60, the exact price of a typical retail game in 2013. This isn't to say that salaries (or hourly pay) have kept up with inflation and the cost-of-living -- it decidedly hasn't -- but it is to say that, dollar-to-dollar over the past 35 years, gaming hardware and software is generally cheaper than ever.

Hardware in particular is where differences in cost – when accounting for inflation – is extremely pronounced. The PlayStation 3 may have seemed expensive when it launched at $599.99 in 2006 – and it was – but it’s not the most expensive mainstream gaming console. That honor goes to the Atari 2600. Launched in September of 1977, the Atari 2600 cost $199.99. When taking into account the 258.9 percent inflation rate between 1977 and 2013, the Atari 2600 cost the equivalent of $771 today. ("Mainstream" gaming hardware typically had to sell over 10 million units in totality, or currently be on the market.)

Tracking Nintendo home consoles since the release of the NES in 1985 further illustrates this. Though the NES launched at a totally reasonable $199.99 that year, $199.99 was a significant sum of money in the mid-‘80s. The inflation rate since 1985 is a staggering 117.4 percent, meaning that the NES is actually the most expensive Nintendo console ever released ($199.99 in 1985 equals $434.69 in 2013)."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

The bottom line is WE ARE PAYING less now than ever for games. Look again:

System (year) Game cost in USD at system launch year Adjusted for inflation as of December 2010
NES (1986) 29.99-49.99 59.79-99.65
SNES (1991) 49.99-59.99 80.17-96.21
N64 (1996) 49.99 69.60
PS2 (2000) 49.99 63.41
Xbox 360 (2005) 59.99 67.10

I also want to add that the VAST amount of NES games from back in the day were $50 to $60. $30 was not common for NES games and I would say the shittier games were in the $30 range and not good ones like Ninja Gaiden and Super Mario.

a5a5a4efdb6d9703c7912f5d6d5e66f5--mario-nintendo-nintendo-games.jpg

Take a look below. SNES games were even $69 at times.

24a21e4f91bfb1b136cfe08424528b48--s-games-s-childhood.jpg

sears-catalog-1992-pg511-SNES_full.jpg

You say don't listen to the publishers, well I happen to agree with the facts. The facts being that production costs for games now are way higher than they used to be, and games have not increased in cost with inflation which in turn more things start coming about with DLCs and Micro Transactions. Let's think about this rationally; there are two possibilities as to why there is an in increase of what you call "anti-consumer practices." Either games are being cut up into DLCs because sales do not match the estimated ROI for development, or they are just cutting up games because they are greedy scumbags. Well, I happen to think it's more of one than the other. If this was all about money and greed then we'd be seeing a lot more of what we are seeing today, but there are yet many people out there who buy games and never buy a DLC or participate in a micro-transaction. How are the developers/publishers making money on those people? They're not. Statistically speaking, the games we play today cost more to make and cost the same as they did 30 years ago. That is not an opinion. That's a fact.

I am not saying the publishers will change their ways, nor am I suggesting they should. All I am asking from this community if perhaps publishers asked us to pay even $65 or $70 for a game to cut out Day 1 DLCs or micro-transactions would that be a fair compromise? Or, developers can make more cookie-cutter, lame, by-the-books games with less quality and content. Something has to give, but we can't deny the costs of gaming today. We should all be thankful. I am not forgiving EA for BF 2 or suggesting we should, but I am wondering about why this trend is taking off like it is and I don't think it's unreasonable to talk about the other issues surrounding it.

Last edited:
That could not be farther from the truth. Get your facts straight.

"I’ve made the argument over the last few years that games are essentially cheaper than they’ve ever been. An NES game in 1990 cost, on average, about $50. That’s $89 in 2013 money. Your $70 N64 cartridges in 1998 would require the equivalent of $100 today. Heck, the $50 PlayStation 2 game you bought in 2005 is worth $60, the exact price of a typical retail game in 2013. This isn't to say that salaries (or hourly pay) have kept up with inflation and the cost-of-living -- it decidedly hasn't -- but it is to say that, dollar-to-dollar over the past 35 years, gaming hardware and software is generally cheaper than ever.

Hardware in particular is where differences in cost – when accounting for inflation – is extremely pronounced. The PlayStation 3 may have seemed expensive when it launched at $599.99 in 2006 – and it was – but it’s not the most expensive mainstream gaming console. That honor goes to the Atari 2600. Launched in September of 1977, the Atari 2600 cost $199.99. When taking into account the 258.9 percent inflation rate between 1977 and 2013, the Atari 2600 cost the equivalent of $771 today. ("Mainstream" gaming hardware typically had to sell over 10 million units in totality, or currently be on the market.)

Tracking Nintendo home consoles since the release of the NES in 1985 further illustrates this. Though the NES launched at a totally reasonable $199.99 that year, $199.99 was a significant sum of money in the mid-‘80s. The inflation rate since 1985 is a staggering 117.4 percent, meaning that the NES is actually the most expensive Nintendo console ever released ($199.99 in 1985 equals $434.69 in 2013)."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

The bottom line is WE ARE PAYING less now than ever for games. Look again:

System (year) Game cost in USD at system launch year Adjusted for inflation as of December 2010
NES (1986) 29.99-49.99 59.79-99.65
SNES (1991) 49.99-59.99 80.17-96.21
N64 (1996) 49.99 69.60
PS2 (2000) 49.99 63.41
Xbox 360 (2005) 59.99 67.10

I also want to add that the VAST amount of NES games from back in the day were $50 to $60. $30 was not common for NES games and I would say the shittier games were in the $30 range and not good ones like Ninja Gaiden and Super Mario.

a5a5a4efdb6d9703c7912f5d6d5e66f5--mario-nintendo-nintendo-games.jpg

Take a look below. SNES games were even $69 at times.

24a21e4f91bfb1b136cfe08424528b48--s-games-s-childhood.jpg

sears-catalog-1992-pg511-SNES_full.jpg

So you pick the one part of my post you can contest and try to use that for your argument? Sorry, doesn't work that way. Current, and past, game price is irrelevant to the existence of microtransactions. A lot of the cost of games in the past was due to both limited sales potential as well as the extremely high cost of production. A single cart could cost $5-$10, or more. Now days, production costs are pennies per game. Cost of delivery is less per game since they're shipping a lot more, sales are several time above the averages of the past, and so on. We're paying less, when accounting for inflation, but publishers are making a hell of a lot more. The industry keeps setting revenue records. The game industry makes more money that Hollywood these days. So let's stop this "games are too cheap" bullshit.

So you pick the one part of my post you can contest and try to use that for your argument? Sorry, doesn't work that way. Current, and past, game price is irrelevant to the existence of microtransactions. A lot of the cost of games in the past was due to both limited sales potential as well as the extremely high cost of production. A single cart could cost $5-$10, or more. Now days, production costs are pennies per game. Cost of delivery is less per game since they're shipping a lot more, sales are several time above the averages of the past, and so on. We're paying less, when accounting for inflation, but publishers are making a hell of a lot more. The industry keeps setting revenue records. The game industry makes more money that Hollywood these days. So let's stop this "games are too cheap" bullshit.

The one part of your argument is the only one I mostly care about. I am talking about the cost of gaming now versus what is used to be, and whether if there was say a pact between gamers and publishers/developers that said "We are going to charge $80 (example) for our games from now on, and in exchange we will not put micro-transactions in games and will not intentionally cut up games and serve them as DLC," would that be a unreasonable compromise? That is not a unreasonable discussion to have between us. I am not expecting anything to change in the real world, but I am curious if others would be on board if that hypothetically worked.

The industry may be setting records, but when excellent games like Dead Space and Dead Space 2 "under-perform" that is still a sign to me that we are not paying enough for our games. We can agree to disagree, but I would hate the reason that we are not getting more original content from developers backed by publishers is because the net ROI is too small to take a risk because of a smaller initial buy-in, meaning less up-front cost with no possibility of returning revenue from people who don't purchase outside the initial cost is hurting what developers/publishers call under-performing and franchises die in this example being Dead Space. Dead Space was a entirely single-player game, so after you play it once you are done unless you want to buy cosmetic DLCs which I am sure most didn't give a shit about.

The one part of your argument is the only one I mostly care about. I am talking about the cost of gaming now versus what is used to be, and whether if there was say a pact between gamers and publishers/developers that said "We are going to charge $80 (example) for our games from now on, and in exchange we will not put micro-transactions in games and will not intentionally cut up games and serve them as DLC," would that be a unreasonable compromise? That is not a unreasonable discussion to have between us. I am not expecting anything to change in the real world, but I am curious if others would be on board if that hypothetically worked.

The industry may be setting records, but when excellent games like Dead Space and Dead Space 2 "under-perform" that is still a sign to me that we are not paying enough for our games. We can agree to disagree, but I would hate the reason that we are not getting more original content from developers backed by publishers is because the net ROI is too small to take a risk because of a smaller initial buy-in, meaning less up-front cost with no possibility of returning revenue from people who don't purchase outside the initial cost is hurting what developers/publishers call under-performing and franchises die in this example being Dead Space. Dead Space was a entirely single-player game, so after you play it once you are done unless you want to buy cosmetic DLCs which I am sure most didn't give a shit about.

That is never a scenario that will happen because those things have absolutely nothing to do with base game cost. Its not even a scenario worth considering.

Dead Space 2 didn't under perform because it was priced too low, it under performed because EA spent too much money on it. EA spent $120 million (60m for development and 60m for marketing) on Dead Space 2. DS2 was never going to make that back. Dead Space isn't Call of Duty, it was never going to be a AAA seller. Some franchises are simply not meant for AAA-level budgets or sales. It is EA's own fault that the game didn't meet expectations. DS2 would have sold a hell of a lot less if it was more than $60, most games would.

You certainly have a good point. I don't think a price increase would solve the DLC price hikes necessarily but it could very well cause publishers to reconsider their timelines and goals for their games.

It's similar to something like the price of gas per gallon. People always complain about the price when it increases yet they fail to realize the price wasn't increased for many years to reflect inflation.

And a lot of this record profit comes down to these freemium mobile games where you pay 2 win. The overall player base is larger than it use to be, but many of these new players are from countries like China and Russia where they don't pay the same price per game as we in the west do. And whereas previous games use to only require a team of a few people, now you have teams of hundreds. Programmers? 100k per year. Throw in other employees salaries along with advertising, and the price has skyrocketed.

And many of these companies have shareholders to answer to, who want their quarterly increases in profit. If you make $5 million this quarter, they want $7 million next quarter. It's never good enough to just be profitable, you always need to be more profitable.

17wtkx23r3kfmgif.gif

You kinda need this for context for original argument and why its kinda crap for PC gaming anyway. Going to use steam as an example: Steam takes 30%, so you can wrap the nintendo charge, the publisher's margin, retailers margin into that. That would represent 78% of the cost of a game back then. Adjust for inflation to 90 dollars, take out $78 and your left with $22 for an indy game. Lets assume you want to keep the publisher. steam+publisher = 45.1%. 40.59. 90-40.59= $49.41. So yes inflation, but you have vertical efficiency gained.

Last edited:
From a business standpoint of making all the monies then yes the OP is likely correct. However, as consumers we don't have to deal with that unless we choose to. I loved Dead Space and Dead Space 2, paid full price for both because i felt it was a worthwhile investment. Once I saw what they were doing with DS3 i specifically chose not to buy it.

Hollow Knight from Team Cherry cost me $15 and I got 30 hours out of it. It was a game that I enjoyed so much I bought it 4 more times for my friends. I'd gladly pay $30 for the game and buy any DLC they release.

Like most other art forms you can tell the difference between those that were made specifically to make money and those that were made because the people wanted to make them.

That's not to say the smaller groups don't want to make money, they surely do, and they should. But I have to feel they know that they won't be making six figure incomes for their whole life and they are OK with that.

If the big players want to continue to make all the monies then they can do whatever they want, I'll still choose quality over quantity. If Team Cherry never makes another game yes I'll be disappointed but much less so than if they stop making the games they want to make solely due to making money.

Edit: Inline with the OP, i'd gladly pay more if it completely did away with day 1 DLC, other such rubbish like microtransactions, and encouraged people to actually make quality games.

From a business standpoint of making all the monies then yes the OP is likely correct. However, as consumers we don't have to deal with that unless we choose to. I loved Dead Space and Dead Space 2, paid full price for both because i felt it was a worthwhile investment. Once I saw what they were doing with DS3 i specifically chose not to buy it.

I never would have known DS3 had mircotransactions if it wasn't for the internet. It's such a non-issue.

17wtkx23r3kfmgif.gif

You kinda need this for context for original argument and why its kinda crap for PC gaming anyway. Going to use steam as an example: Steam takes 30%, so you can wrap the nintendo charge, the publisher's margin, retailers margin into that. That would represent 78% of the cost of a game back then. Adjust for inflation to 90 dollars, take out $78 and your left with $22 for an indy game. Lets assume you want to keep the publisher. steam+publisher = 45.1%. 40.59. 90-40.59= $49.41. So yes inflation, but you have vertical efficiency gained.

bullshit bullshit bullshit. No retailers are getting 29.8% margin. They get .01% at max.

bullshit bullshit bullshit. No retailers are getting 29.8% margin. They get .01% at max.
its very old and that actually supports my point. Profit margins are thinner and vertical efficiency prices the games where they are at, you can't just attach inflation numbers to things, capital markets means things get continually cheaper not more expensive.

edit: although if you consider steam a retailer, it gets 30%

And a lot of this record profit comes down to these freemium mobile games where you pay 2 win. The overall player base is larger than it use to be, but many of these new players are from countries like China and Russia where they don't pay the same price per game as we in the west do. And whereas previous games use to only require a team of a few people, now you have teams of hundreds. Programmers? 100k per year. Throw in other employees salaries along with advertising, and the price has skyrocketed.

And many of these companies have shareholders to answer to, who want their quarterly increases in profit. If you make $5 million this quarter, they want $7 million next quarter. It's never good enough to just be profitable, you always need to be more profitable.

Its not just the free2play market. Take-Two will make over a BILLION DOLLARS this fiscal year. And, yes, I know why things are like they are. I'm saying that increasing the base price of games won't change anything at all because the base price is not the cause of these tactics.

I never would have known DS3 had mircotransactions if it wasn't for the internet. It's such a non-issue.

Valid. To be more accurate it was a combination of things that turned me off of DS3 including the fact that they were moving away from Survivor Horror and changing the whole tone of the game as well as the microtransactions.

They get a lot more than .01%. The profit margin on software isn't that low. It would be literally impossible to sell games if the profit margin was that low.

I'm 31 years old and have been playing games since I can remember. Back when I had a NES in the early '90s, games retailed for around $50 which (from Google searching) is around $90 in today's money. Think of the production values and increasing cost that has gone into making games these days. The costs of videogames have not gone up like other things over the years with similar trends, and I think we have to be mature and acknowledge this fact.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 without a doubt has way more content than the first game including a Single Player campaign, but you can still buy that game for $60. So what am I saying? I am saying that I am willing to pay a higher standard price for videogames if it means that these micro-transactions practices are vastly reduced or preferably just abolished altogether. I think at this stage of the evolution of video-gaming that is a fair trade-off. The increased upfront cost of a game could also stop the problems of Day 1 DLCs and maybe paid DLCs altogether.

Over the years many people have complained about cookie-cutter games and studios not being original anymore with new ideas, well with increased production costs and a flat-cost for games the incentive is to make the most back on their initial investment so they play it safe. EA wasn't always evil... in-fact I am playing through Dead Space right now (which I never finished) and I remember Dead Space being a risk for EA, but the guys at EA Redwood Shores (which became Visceral after Dead Space's critical success) convinced the higher ups to take a risk (I remember reading about this in a gaming mag from a while ago). Even though the original Dead Space was not a commercial success for EA it was a critical enough success that EA approved the sequel and Dead Space 2 became a commercial and critical success for them.

My point in that story is that I remember a time when EA had been great and I still think they are (their games not the company) in many ways b/c for the most part I enjoy their games whenever I do buy them (which is rare), but I think a way to foster a better atmosphere in the future of gaming is to pay more upfront money. People will read that and think it's insane that I WANT to spend more money, but that's not the point. The point is that despite inflation, video games have stayed at the same price for the better part of 30 years while production costs have increased and that to me is insane. A lot of people may disagree, and I know others will counter with the fact that there are other developers who can create "complete" titles without the need to resort to micro-transactions but I would say to that that development costs are different for every title, and perhaps for games such as SW: BF 2 it would make more sense since EA knows it'll sell b/c it's Star Wars and there is a lot more content packed-in.

TL;DR: Video game prices have not increased with inflation for 30 years despite increasing production costs. To possibly mitigate future micro-transaction problems, would you be willing to pay a higher bottom-price (say $80 as opposed to $60) for a game upfront to have a more complete experience?

Others have covered the costs issue pretty thoroughly. DVD stamping and digital distribution are super cheap compared to the old days of cartridges that cost real money to produce.

Way back in the day broadcast TV was all there was. Then cable came along with its monthly subscription and the idea that it would remain advertising free which of course it didnt.
http://www.nytimes.com/1981/07/26/arts/will-cable-tv-be-invaded-by-commercials.html?pagewanted=all

Fast forward a bit and now we have formerly ad free paid streaming services now adding commercials.

It's all about greed. They want to milk the cow for everything it's got.

They get a lot more than .01%. The profit margin on software isn't that low. It would be literally impossible to sell games if the profit margin was that low.

On a new release game, you are talking maybe 1-2 dollars of profit. I'm stating this as a fact btw, verifiable at a fortune 1 company :)

There are many things sold with no margin, literally thousands of items. After transaction fee's, some are actually sold for negative margin.

its very old and that actually supports my point. Profit margins are thinner and vertical efficiency prices the games where they are at, you can't just attach inflation numbers to things, capital markets means things get continually cheaper not more expensive.

edit: although if you consider steam a retailer, it gets 30%

Wow, how did steam negotiate that

The thing is that publicly traded companies don't want to make money, they want to make all of the money. Every penny that exists.

Raising the cost of games won't remove micro transactions.

The argument that game sale prices don't cover the cost to develop is idiotic, as CD Project Red and many other devs have shown. It's just that EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc want every single penny you have: and they'll use every excuse to make you think they need it.

I honestly don't remember game prices being this so much pre PS1. Must be the fact that I pirated everything up to the PS2 era XD.

The first Battlefront sold 14 millions copies, most near the $60 retail. Did they really need to get more money out of the sequel? Do you Battlefront 2 took $400 million to make of something?

If games were $80 they would still have micro transactions, publishers won’t leave that free money on the table.

I agree completely. People should not buy into the BS

On a new release game, you are talking maybe 1-2 dollars of profit. I'm stating this as a fact btw, verifiable at a fortune 1 company :)

There are many things sold with no margin, literally thousands of items. After transaction fee's, some are actually sold for negative margin.

So then how do Amazon and Best Buy make profit with their Gamers Club/Prime discounts? I pay $48 on new $60 games. The membership for Gamers Club is $20 for 2 years. That would mean after buying 2 maybe 3 games Best Buy is taking nearly 20% losses on each game they sell.

I agree completely. People should not buy into the BS

I remember SNES carts being all over the place, Square games were like $60-75+.

Genesis games were like $50, Virtua Racing was $99!

PS1 games actually a little cheaper, first-party games were often $40 on release.

Pretty sure N64 was more like $50-70.

You can google old Toys R Us ads and see plenty of games costing $60-70 in the mid 90's. Long before anything had the production values of CoD, Uncharted, etc.

Heh, yeah remember when Killer Instinct came out for SNES? $79.99

Phantasy Star 4 was something like $90 when it came out...and the game was shorter than 2, too.

Back