Unofficial ATI x800 Benchies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrench00

2[H]4U
Benchies

I guess Nvidia will have a run for its money 6800 Is impressive but it looks like ATI will be even more impressive.

I can't read German and I don't know what those words say, but if those graphs are correct.... I'm flabbergasted..

go ATi!

I'm going to call a knee-jerk "BS!"

Besides, I thought the XT was coming later, and this launch was just the pro.

ya

go ati

suck that nvidia

if you wana read it here

Radeon X800 XT Preview

The whole world is astonished at the good values of the NV40. many sees the R420 as chanceless opposite the NV40.
After newest computer forecasts the R420 would have to be faster however some than the NV40!
In everything this interested, in the end of the article stands, how I have "tested"!

The Radeon X800 XT

The Radeon X800 XT uses the R420 chip developed by ATi. This has 16 pipelines. With 600 MHz the chip and the memory are propelled. Can take you from more information out of the following table:

Bench mark

We come now to bench mark!

Here the 6800 Ultra let the remaining competitors look old, but the Radeon X800 XT puts still one drauf: 14040 is a mad value (sorry for this expression, that had to be simple ). Also the Radeon X800 pro overhauls the NV40 with approximately 500 points.

Also in the Aquamark 3 again the same picture: AP 6800 Ultra and the ATi X800 XT determine the picture. The Radeon X800 pro can itself scarcely before the NV40 set.

There folded me the kinnladen runter?mit so many pictures per second now really nobody had now finally counted! With the Radeon X800 XT/Pro we can play far Cry surely without ruckeln on highest resolution with ÅA/16/AF!

This result speaks for the achievement of the X800 XT. also the slower Radeon X800 pro can the NV40 still around approximately 30 fps. strike.

Also here again, the Radeon X800 XT states the whole test field with a large projection/lead. Also the Radeon X800 pro pulls on the NV40 past.

X2 is of Nvidia gesponsert and nevertheless knows itself the Radeon X800 XT with a small projection/lead of 5 fps. before the NV40 set!
Its smaller brother, the Radeon X800 pro, can compute however only approximately 10 fps. more than the Radeon 9800XT and is appropriate thereby on that for 3. Place.

Result

One had really expected, probably not such values now times Nvidia.
The Radeon X800 XT cannot convince on full line, there can also the NV40 von Nvidia anything change.
Also the "savings expenditure" the Radeon X800 XT, the Radeon X800 pro, could overhaul nearly everywhere the NV40 without problems.
The focused price of 499$ (approximately 420 euro) is not too highly set, whole for this achievement in the opposite!

Explanation

Me it is naturally clear that this result "offiziel" is not.
But after many see the R420 chanceless opposite the NV40, think I brings this computer forecast article again little reason and zuversicht into the ATi younger fan municipality.
We are naturally on 4 May strained and expect results in the height of my calculated!

Since the R420 on the R360 constructs, one can look at my computer forecasts as to some extent strengthened!

Whom it interests:

Suppl. NV40: Suppl.. NV38 * suppl.. R360 * 1,5 * 80/100

- the 1,5 (1,3 with the X800 pro) resulting in itself from the clock difference between the R360 and the R420.
- the 80% at the end are for "possible not foreseen events".

somehow I doubt that a 12 pipe 500/500 card should pull ahead of a 16 pipe 400/550 card in almost every bench. but it is possible if ATI has really optimized their pipelines. I can't wait to see what ATI has to bring to the table but I find those benches suspect. especially taking into account the fact that we aren't supposed to see the x800xt for about another month after the x800pro.

Those benchmarks are just showing extrapolated results based on current r3xx performance and the author's belief on the clock speeds of the XT.

So, yeah, BS.

^your right, I just realized what the stuff at the bottom was about. he is just multiplying the r360 scores by the ratios of the clocks and pipes. complete BS because there is more to processing than that.

Originally posted by dderidex
Those benchmarks are just showing extrapolated results based on current r3xx performance and the author's belief on the clock speeds of the XT.

So, yeah, BS.

dderidex is correct, these aren't real world benchmarks.

Also, since they're extrapolated, they don't take into account the fact that these cards will be severely CPU limited.

I'm a bit doubtful about this benches : X800 XT is not even going to be announced before the end of May and these guys benchmark it against X800 Pro and GeForce 6800.
Didn't ATI said that they expect Pro version to score about 10K in 3dMark03 ? In these benches it has a score way above 6800Ultra.

Probably just some made up BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back