Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

Well I cancelled my cancelled order and the bus dept rewrote it for $999 plus free upgrade to 2nd day ship. I'll probably have to wait longer now, but whatever.

utsava said:
I could be wrong, but the link that is posted above is for the Dell Outlet Is this for a refurb unit?

If you add the monitor to your shopping cart and check the details on the limited time offer it says in the fine print: "Offer does not apply to and is not available with systems or items purchased through the online systems configurator, refurbished items, or spare parts" Then further down it says "ABOVE PRICES INCLUDE ANY APPLICABLE DISCOUNTS. All systems refurbished." So what is it? Refurb or not!?

Just get it from here then: (Home and Home Office)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...y_id=6198&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx

Ahh, what the hell. I wasn't gonna order one of these since I've got an XPS2 on the way. But, the price is just too good to resist: $1079 shipped. Let's all hope the monitors are as good as advertised!!

i just got a reply from our dell account manager (UK) saying it wont available to order until tomorrow when she'll send a quote.
normal price £729 (ex. vat i presume) and i'll find out what discount we can get tomorrow morning

Finally got good news for me, called a French Rep and she ordered it for me in Canada!!

Thats after calling 3 other reps wich said to me that it would not be available for another month or so. Anyways I am really sight about the outcome of this.

The girl told me it would be delevered in 5-7 days!!

Mcklain

OMG I just got my confirmation E-mail and got the hole deal at only 1338$ CND funds!! with taxes and shipping.

This is about 1075$ US using conversion!! :eek: :D

Mcklain

My ETA on my e-mail is March 10!!!

This is 2 good. First I get a great price, now a great ETA date!!

Awsome day for me indeed.

Mcklain

grdh20 said:
The eta on new orders placed is moving further out. Now 1st week april :rolleyes:
Typical Dell. There seems to be no rhyme or reason w/regard to the ETA half the time. Lame.

Riptide_NVN said:
So... Will any of you do exchanges if there is some backlight bleed like w/the 2005FPW?

Depends on how bad it is. I never saw the 2005 with the issue so I don't know what the noise is about. What I am curious about is how many dead pixels I get on this thing. My assumption is the panels are cheap because they aren't the very best of the lot. So when Samsung comes out with thier model based on the panel then it will conform to thier zero dead pixel policy where the Dell models may have a couple here and there. We'll see.

Here. This is a picture of a 2005FPW w/backlight uniformity issues. Mine is about this bad except the leakage on mine is more pronounced in the upper right vs. the lower left in this case.

Would you exchange over this? It is practically not noticeable in a lit room - but in the dark you'll notice it more.

dsc004392ek.jpg

Riptide_NVN said:
Here. This is a picture of a 2005FPW w/backlight uniformity issues. Mine is about this bad except the leakage on mine is more pronounced in the upper right vs. the lower left in this case.

Would you exchange over this? It is practically not noticeable in a lit room - but in the dark you'll notice it more.

That's actually pretty consistent compared to some of the other ones we've seen on this forum. I'd keep it unless you really want a 2405fpw. :)

If I take the price I got in CND and transfer it in US funds before taxes and shipping I have the panel at 924$ US

To good!!

Mcklain

CalKenneth said:
That's actually pretty consistent compared to some of the other ones we've seen on this forum. I'd keep it unless you really want a 2405fpw. :)
LOL, I already ordered a 2405FPW this morning. I'm going to keep my 2005FPW. I just wondered what others thought here - would that much leakage warrant a return or not. My 2005 is that bad except the bleed is in the upper right vs. that picture where it's lower left.

Riptide_NVN said:
LOL, I already ordered a 2405FPW this morning. I'm going to keep my 2005FPW. I just wondered what others thought here - would that much leakage warrant a return or not. My 2005 is that bad except the bleed is in the upper right vs. that picture where it's lower left.

Yeah, I'm going through the same decision process with my 2001fp, which has a nasty whine. The exchanges I've gotten all either have bad pixels or have the nasty whine. I have a few more days to decide if I want to return it...

I think I'll wait to see what you guys say about the 2405fpw. No real need for a LCD right now since I'm traveling for work...

What's the deal with audio on the 2405? Looks like they have the same AS500 sound bar for addon speakers. :( I plan to hook up my PC and an Xbox to this monitor in my den. That would be PC via DVI and Xbox via component, but they didn't leave anyway to easily hook up both as an audio source. I have a 2001FP with the AS500 now and the AS500 only has a single male mini-stereo jack hard-wired to it. I was really hoping they'd have a new sound bar with multiple audio inputs.

Besides scheming up a Y-cable with RCA plugs on one side for Xbox and mini on the other for the PC, I don't see any easy way to used an attached speaker solution. Any other thoughts? I'm a little concerned about hooking up two audio sources directly in case something happens and both drive a signal at once and I want to avoid plugging/unplugging cables as well.

My estimated ship date is March 23, but a Dell rep just told me it could ship as early as this Thursday. :rolleyes: I'll believe it shipped when I see the big Dell box on my doorstep.

TrackZ said:
What's the deal with audio on the 2405? Looks like they have the same AS500 sound bar for addon speakers. :( I plan to hook up my PC and an Xbox to this monitor in my den. That would be PC via DVI and Xbox via component, but they didn't leave anyway to easily hook up both as an audio source. I have a 2001FP with the AS500 now and the AS500 only has a single male mini-stereo jack hard-wired to it. I was really hoping they'd have a new sound bar with multiple audio inputs.

Besides scheming up a Y-cable with RCA plugs on one side for Xbox and mini on the other for the PC, I don't see any easy way to used an attached speaker solution. Any other thoughts? I'm a little concerned about hooking up two audio sources directly in case something happens and both drive a signal at once and I want to avoid plugging/unplugging cables as well.

Why in God's name would you want to hook up 10 cent sounding speakers to a $1000 monitor? :rolleyes:

Riptide_NVN said:
I ordered mine over the website home/home office.

Ship date says on or before 3/23 though. :(

Hope it doesn't take them that long. That would suck.
When I ordered my 2005fpw they said a 2 week wait, but I then recieved it 3 days later. I think they just say that so they dont dissapoint you with missed deadlines.

BTW its $1,079.10 at Dell Home right now!

atlwriter said:
My estimated ship date is March 23, but a Dell rep just told me it could ship as early as this Thursday. :rolleyes: I'll believe it shipped when I see the big Dell box on my doorstep.

They really don't know until it gets there.

grdh20 said:
They really don't know until it gets there.

Until it gets where? Shouldn't Dell have a decent stockpile of these suckers?? They should have known this would be a hot selling LCD!

Cr@zZy said:
When I ordered my 2005fpw they said a 2 week wait, but I then recieved it 3 days later. I think they just say that so they dont dissapoint you with missed deadlines.
I think that there is no rhyme or reason whatsoever to how they handle their order queue over there. It's complete crap. I ordered a 2005FPW after Christmas right after the delf coupons had expired. One other guy I know on the nvnews forums ordered after I did - and yet his shipped out and he received it by the end of that week.

My order was placed on hold because they ran out of inventory, yet I put mine in before him. Now tell me how that makes any sense at all.

NauticaX said:
Until it gets where? Shouldn't Dell have a decent stockpile of these suckers?? They should have known this would be a hot selling LCD!
You mean like how they should've known those X800XT PE's they had for $460 were going to be hot sellers?

Seriously don't give them that much credit. While I like their products for the most part they are capable of doing some very, very dumb things over there.

grdh20 said:
Why in God's name would you want to hook up 10 cent sounding speakers to a $1000 monitor? :rolleyes:

Cause I'm not too concerned with audio quality in the den. I have a 92" front projection system (Yamaha LPX-510 on a 92" Vutec Silverstar screen) with a Pioneer 49txi receiver and B&W CDM-NT's all the way around in our living room. So when I want audio quality, I go in there to play consoles and can hook up one of our PC's in there. Our den is a double desk with two machines (2 hook-ups for WoW for myself and my wife) so I try to minimize wiring and desktop clutter. Attached speakers without a separate power cord helps to do that, even if the quality isn't that great.

TrackZ said:

I personally would use better speakers, but you say you want to reduce cable clutter, and I can understand that too... What I would do, if trying to avoid switches and/or splitters is, run the audio from your xbox and put it into your line in on your PC soundcard... and then audio from your soundcard to the speakers. That way, whichever is being used will come through the speakers, and if sounds come from both at once, it just plays both, no problems. The only thing to check is your sound settings to make sure you aren't muting line in, and the PC will have to be on anytime you want to use the xbox, but I don't think that would be a problem.

This will hopefully be a nice upgrade from an eMachines 17" CRT. :cool: I've been watching the 2005 thread for awhile and held off when the initial 2405 rumours started to creep in. Time to take the plunge!

Based on the earliest posts today, those who got $50.00 off when they could find a rep who knew about the monitor, I called and tried to get 25% off. :rolleyes: That didn't work but they did give me 10% off, $1,079.10 + 64.75 tax = $1,143.85 shipped free. Planned ship date to KY is March 23.

My rep may give me an additonal discount if any of y'all mention me, Donald A., to my rep, Lea Bagui, rep ID #57919, (800) 449-3355 ext. 84506. :D

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. ;)

who1zep said:
This will hopefully be a nice upgrade from an eMachines 17" CRT. :cool: I've been watching the 2005 thread for awhile and held off when the initial 2405 rumours started to creep in. Time to take the plunge!

Based on the earliest posts today, those who got $50.00 off when they could find a rep who knew about the monitor, I called and tried to get 25% off. :rolleyes: That didn't work but they did give me 10% off, $1,079.10 + 64.75 tax = $1,143.85 shipped free. Planned ship date to KY is March 23.

My rep may give me an additonal discount if any of y'all mention me, Donald A., to my rep, Lea Bagui, rep ID #57919, (800) 449-3355 ext. 84506. :D

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. ;)

There is a automatic 10% off for ordering it at Dell Home online. You can then use DPA to get additional $30 off.

NauticaX said:
There is a automatic 10% off for ordering it at Dell Home online. You can then use DPA to get additional $30 off.
I signed up for a Dell Preferred Account (DPA) too, but no mention of an additional $30. Just that I would get coupons for future purchases on things like a Dell DJ.

Does Dell usually charge your card before it ships out? I was always thinking that online retailers didn't charge the card until it shipped out, and my cards already been charged and gone through. Whoe knows when I'll get it, however.

who1zep said:
I signed up for a Dell Preferred Account (DPA) too, but no mention of an additional $30. Just that I would get coupons for future purchases on things like a Dell DJ.

To get the $30 off from DPA you have to say you are going to pay by credit card instead of DPA. Then on the top it says there is a DPA offer you can take advantage of from there you click on that link to get the $30 off. If you order and use DPA right away you will not get option to save $30.

Dell Home Customers: Save $30 off $999 or more when paying with Dell Preferred Account. (Subject to credit approval. Limited time offer.)
Expires on 2005-03-08 05:59:00

jphat007 said:
Does Dell usually charge your card before it ships out? I was always thinking that online retailers didn't charge the card until it shipped out, and my cards already been charged and gone through. Whoe knows when I'll get it, however.
Dell contacts your card company to make sure there's enough credit available, but won't charge the $$ until your order ships.

atlwriter said:
Dell contacts your card company to make sure there's enough credit available, but won't charge the $$ until your order ships.

ah, ok. The money has been taken out of my account and their has been a 'hold' put on it, as my bank confirms the order I suppose. But I no longer have access to those funds. That doesn't mean it will get shipped out soon. Just interesting that they already put a hold on that money.

jphat007 said:
ah, ok. The money has been taken out of my account and their has been a 'hold' put on it, as my bank confirms the order I suppose. But I no longer have access to those funds. That doesn't mean it will get shipped out soon. Just interesting that they already put a hold on that money.
Yeah, it's a tricky situation. By "pre-clearing" the $$ on a credit card, you lose access to those funds even if your card isn't technically charged. If your card's billing cycle passes to the next before the order ships, that hold will disappear. You'll be able to use whatever funds were held, but you'll need to be sure you still have enough credit on the card to take the order once it finally ships.

I have received two e-mails from Dell so far. One is an acknowledgement and the other is a confirmation. Is that it until it ships then?

And for those of you that have ordered from Dell before, do they ever beat their estimated ship dates?

All they did today was allow you to order the thing but there was obviously still a delay in the channel. I ordered nearly immediately after it became available on their site and my ship date is still not until March 23rd.

Pretty nice trick there Dell. :mad:

jdsabin1 said:
I have received two e-mails from Dell so far. One is an acknowledgement and the other is a confirmation. Is that it until it ships then?

And for those of you that have ordered from Dell before, do they ever beat their estimated ship dates?

All they did today was allow you to order the thing but there was obviously still a delay in the channel. I ordered nearly immediately after it became available on their site and my ship date is still not until March 23rd.

Pretty nice trick there Dell. :mad:

You're probably going to get a "Your product has shipped" email, although those tend to come a day late.

jdsabin1 said:

almost always.

but the bad part about this is that one doesnt know when his or her order is coming so therefore its kind of hard to plan ahead and to make sure that someone's going to be home when the UPS man arrives.

Back