Unnamed Project

Preede

n00b
Hello everyone :)

Finaly got some time to post here my project which i have been building for few weeks on some days after work.

(sry if the image quality isnt great always (phone cam :/ (nokia n9))

2mx1tae.jpg

Havent made up eny 3d model, just paper and pen ;) So u guys just have to quess and watch whats coming.

Heres the rig im gonna put in there:

t56hco.jpg

2600k (watercooled)
Asus maximus IV extereme Z (meaby watercooled?)
Radeon 6990 (watercooled)
16GB G.Skills 1600 (4x4GB)
Enermax Platimax 1200W
Asus Bluray drive
2x Samsung 830 128GB Raid 0 for OS
2x WD Black 500GB Raid 0 for games
WD Green 2TB Backup
Samsung 1TB Pics,Vids,and so on...

Ok lets start with the pics then :p

Day 1

bgrcpy.jpg

Here are the pieces for the main structure cutted for the right sizes (right sizes.... jeah... atleast almost. didnt think at all when started to cut them so 2 sides got too short so my radiator doesnt fit in... >_> (9x120))

2njljr7.jpg

One done, 2nd one to go

1zmf7k1.jpg

After this done i burned my finger after i welded the 2nd one by taking hand from the welded part.... even thought i had cloves on my hand but they werent very thick.

20b0or5.jpg

(if eny1 wonders what that piece of crapy welded metal scrap is, its my heatset stand so i wouldnt drop them like i did with g35 and they broke after few ones :( )

jgrt44.jpg

And here i got the 2nd one done. Now i gotta just weld them togeter... easyyy :D

Last edited:
First off, you don't want the Volvo.

Second off, about time someone in this forum used a welder.

Third off, don't worry, that will scar over and become a great callus. Do you play guitar?

First off, you don't want the Volvo.

Second off, about time someone in this forum used a welder.

Third off, don't worry, that will scar over and become a great callus. Do you play guitar?

1) I didnt get that volvo. i had peogeot 307 (which was very....) but now i got hyundai sonata 2007 2.4 :D

3) That scar wasnt much. Once i almost hurned my hole hand when one wire got short circuit (24v system so it wasnt enough to keep my hand on it but enough to get hot and burn my hand) and tryed to take it off befor truck battery's goes boom. Shame that i didnt take eny pictures about it. It rly didnt look that good and had to use my mouse with left hand for week.

Looks like you were welding with rubber gloves, big no no. Get some leather ones before you hurt yourself (more).

Last edited:
Those gloves are easier to work with when not welding a lot. :(

But now for small update

1seiqx.jpg

Now i got the main structure done. Now just gotta measure the last time will my stuff go there as planned.

Last edited:
In the last picture it appears that you didn't allow for the metal to draw, and you have an out of square corner upper left hand corner from my perspective. I guess it could be a trick of the camera though.

Finaly time for update!

260akxg.jpg

bdqn8w.jpg

2q04x3c.jpg

2ex0xdv.jpg

pas2g.jpg

260g7me.jpg

1o0y8k.jpg

smq83o.jpg

qnr6lg.jpg

Heres how im gonna mount my hardrives. More update probs next week (gotta measure things again. (sorry for image quality, my hand isnt steady always/n9 doesnt always focus like i want...)

Last edited:
Good stuff, put more pictures in here later. Curious to see how you design the side panels

Back