unlocking phenom x2

afoctober2

Weaksauce
I just finished building new computer and I've started playing around with unlocking but now 100% sure if I've tried everything. Here is hardware

msi 870a g54
phenom x2 550be cooled by corsair A70
crucial ballistix 2x 2gb DDR3 PC3-10600
ocz 600w stealth x stream

So far lowered speed to 2.9ghz and raised to 1.4v and even 1.45 tried with cool n quiet on and off. Changed core setting to manual select and on auto.Fsb left on 200.Every time I enable core unlocker and save bios settings it will beep no post. I have to clear cmos with jumper and go back to default. I'm guessing i don't have working cores but i'm coming from a socket a computer so these settings are different for me.

I was wondering I wasn't planning on doing it I wouldn't want higher voltage to run lower speeds. I tried lowering HT speed still no luck so i'm calling it 2 bad cores. Its not a big deal I bought a x2 its what i have its still fast. I don't want to have a crippled x4 running incredibly slow at some point i'm sure x2 is better no matter what.

Mine did the same thing. No matter what settings I use, once I try to unlock the cores, no post. No big deal though. It still overclocks easy.

I don't remember anymore didn't really check closely before putting on heatsink. Is there any app that would show it?

Back