- Joined
- Jul 27, 2006
- Messages
- 9,484
Ok, my brother's stock Intel fan that came with his dual core CPU has a 4-pin plug.
The colors (in order) are: black, yellow, green, and blue (last/extra/4th pin).
How do I unlock the fan's speed? I don't care about the extra noise.
EDIT :: http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/archive/index.php/t-175386.html
According to Wreckles...
The colors (in order) are: black, yellow, green, and blue (last/extra/4th pin).
How do I unlock the fan's speed? I don't care about the extra noise.
EDIT :: http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/archive/index.php/t-175386.html
According to Wreckles...
Is this right?Im going to try to disconnect the control wire of the fan. Which I think will keep the fan rotating at max RPM. On the manual the pin connections are listed like this:
Pin Signal Name
1 Ground
2 +12V
3 Fan_Tach
4 Fan_Control
So it should spin at 100% when I disconnect the 4th wire, right?
It’ll generate a lot of noise but at least the temp will drop below 50C