Unlocked HTC One stuck on TMobiles edge

kingdom9214

Limp Gawd
My friend is letting me try his unlocked ATT HTC one. So I went down to T-Mobile and got a sim for it popped it in and added the apn settings and the phone is stuck on edge. Ive been searching everywhere for a fix but I only see people running tm HTC ones on att and not the other way around. So any help would be awesome

That's because the AT&T HTC One doesn't support HSPA+ on the 1700/2100MHz bands. In most locations T-mobile uses 1700/2100 for HSPA and 1900 for EDGE, which is why you're only getting EDGE, though that is slowly changing. T-mobile is slowly transitioning HSPA to 1900 and freeing up 1700/2100 for LTE.

That's because the AT&T HTC One doesn't support HSPA+ on the 1700/2100MHz bands. In most locations T-mobile uses 1700/2100 for HSPA and 1900 for EDGE, which is why you're only getting EDGE, though that is slowly changing. T-mobile is slowly transitioning HSPA to 1900 and freeing up 1700/2100 for LTE.

^This.

For more detail, CLICK HERE.

And for a user generated map of refarmed areas, CLICK HERE.

Bit off topic, but I have two questions.

1. HTC One bought from Tmo. Supports Tmo LTE ?

2. HTC One developer edition . Supports Tmo LTE but not HSPA+ ?

I did some googling on this and came out unclear on this.
Anyone?

Last edited:
Correct on both points. However, it will support 1900mhz HSPA+ in refarmed areas.

Back