Unlocked 6800 people, what's your overclock?

TeknoZX

Weaksauce
I tried searching through a bunch of threads and nothing really helped me. Flame if repost or I should search more.

I have an XFX 6800 and unlocked 16x6 and overclocked to 375/825. I dunno if that's the max but that's what I play at after a few problems and incidents that I posted about previously which never really got resolved. Anyway, I just wanted to see what people are getting for their overclocks of unlocked 6800's. I guess locked 6800 people are welcome too. Here's a suggested format.

Manufacturer 6800 pipesXvertex GPU/RAM

Example

XFX 6800 16x6 375/825

If you want to include any other info such as benches or locked stats or anything else, feel free. Hopefully some people with 6800's will reply even with all the 7800GTX hoopla. Damn I wish I had one...or two.

Thanks for the view and hopefully for the reply as well.

Well, my 6800 should show up tomorrow and plan on unlocking and possibly overclocking but, I am definitly going to make sure to torture it after unlocking to make sure there is not any artifacting or such going on, if that happens maybe I can get away with 16x5 and be able to overclock

EVGA 6800nu 16x6, 375/852 no artifacts.
am able to run 882 memory with all games, but get artifacts in rthdribl.exe unless memory is down to 852

rthdribl.exe is best for testing memory artifacts
farcry is best for testing core artifacts...

in my experience.

Dell 6800GTO (12x1v5 STOCK) 350/900 GDDR3

Stock cooling - could unlock, but with major artifacts.

IceStorm NV6800C5 cooling - 430/1230 (16x1v6) no artifacts, under 55C load.

Leadtek 6800nu - currently 420/880mhz 16x6 - no artifacts whatsoever so far - reworked
stock cooler

3dMark2003 score with sig system = 11,300

Still doesn't feel like I've hit a ceiling yet. :D

P. S. - nice to see "consumer9000" here. If you want an awesome cooler for your 6800
definitely check out his Stasis Ice Storm.

thanks for the info fellas, all oc's seem to be around the same so far. I don't feel so bad. But that Leadtek of Susquehannock's..420/880 16x6..wow..

Might as well bring in my old problem just to share. I can OC a lot more, goes up fine and heat is no problem. NV silencer 5 with 3 case intakes and 3 case exhausts. Plenty of airflow. Idle is 48C and load is about 52-54C. Thing is, when I run aquamark, at 375/835, I get a good score. Don't remember but let's say it's 11,000. I have no clue, I'm just using it for reference. Now, when I overclock higher, everything seems legit. No artifacts, Powerstrip's little test thing passes. ok, let's say I have 400/850. I run aquamark, now while starting the test, there's this little pause, like a hiccup or lag, then the bench runs. Only now it gives me a score of like 7000. I logged the core and mem freq. with Rivatuner I think and it remained as I specified. Temps were normal too. No artifacts whatsoever. Only slower. Less FPS with more overclock? I just don't get it. Everything is perfectly fine with the higher overclock EXCEPT performance...I don't get it. Anyway, hope people keep posting their's overclocks. Good to see what kind of bonus performance people are getting. Thanks.

It's a little flacky at 420 so i backed it off to 410 again. Better cooling would surely help that.
My RAM clock isn't all that high as some have success up 1,100 and better.
But like I said, haven't found the ceiling yet.

As for your problem TeknoZX ......
Open the Riva hardware monitor & leave it running during your benchmarks. That way you
can see what's happening during the tests.

A sign of bad pipes is the core defaulting back to stock, or flipping between previous settings
under heavy load.
You can overcome this by forcing a constant performance level but that can seriously
wear down your card causing pre-mature failure.

What most people don't know is, you can have no artifacts after an unlock at all & still have problems.

BFG 6800 OC Unlocked 16x6

400/810

Haven't done much testing though, just a run through 3dMark05 and I haven't had any troubles in games. I haven't really tried any higher yet either, I'm extremely happy at the price/performance I've gotten outta it.

Asus V9999 6800 LE unlocked 12.1/6.1

Running @ 425mhz/900mhz

Aircooled Zalman ZM80D-HP cooler with fan ;)

taken an easy way of playing my high end games for just 150 euro's....same speeds as xt850 ;)

PNY 400/824 16x6
stock cooling
temps don't exceed 55C, and thats rare, usually around 50C
no artifacts

for sale :D

Susquehannock, thanks for the suggestion but I already did that. I dunno if I made it clear in my previous post. During benchs and stuff, core and mem are where they should be. Overclocked. 380/830 is fine and performance is good but once I push beyond that, that's when the drop off occurs. However, Rivatuner's hardware monitor is telling me that vcore, core clock, and mem clock are where they should be. For example if I set it to 400/850, it'll stay at 400/850. Only this time, I get significantly worse performance. Been through hell trying to figure this out and I"ve pretty much given up on it. Now I just wanted to see where people were at with their overclocks. Some of you guys have much better oc's than me..so jealous.

new speeds:

409/894 w/o artifacts, after voltmodding core and changing mem timings.
82°C in HDR demo!! :eek:

tomorrow I will watercool and vmem mod, and volt mod core for another .1v :)

i have an XFX 6800 as well and i can get 400/875 but ive found that if i go over 365/860 i actually lose performance. as it is right now i can run just about any game i own at full settings and bench in aquamark at 9411 on the GFX. 3dmark05 doesn't seem to like my card so ill just be happy with my actual in game performance.

XFX 6800 16x6 365/860

TeknoZX said:
Susquehannock, thanks for the suggestion but I already did that. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmmm, don't know what to suggest except maybe you could try "EnablePerfLevelForcing" under the "power user" tab..

Not the same as "Force Constant Performance Level" in the "system tweaks" window BTW.

well, EnablePerfLevelForcing is for switching from 2D profile to 3D profile. The hardware monitor tells me that's it's running at the appropriate speeds. When in windows, it's at the 2d speed and when running benches, it jumps up to the OC'ed speed and stays there. So dunno, demons in the chip or something. Anyway, after some more testing with renewed vigor

XFX 6800 16x6 380/880
NV silencer 5

seems with some messing about ive been able to get a little more out of my card. im not sure why but before i guess the closer i got to 400 on the core the more likely the card was to reset back to stock. the odd part is the core would reset but the memory would stay overclocked.

XFX 6800 16x6 390/862

now im maxed out on powerstrip 432core/931mem... how can i overclock higher??

coolbits nvida control panel fails test everytime, and cant use rivatuner to o/c because it fuxxors my drivers.

CEREAL_KILLER said:
seems with some messing about ive been able to get a little more out of my card. im not sure why but before i guess the closer i got to 400 on the core the more likely the card was to reset back to stock. the odd part is the core would reset but the memory would stay overclocked.

XFX 6800 16x6 390/862

That is quite common, went through it myself actually. Is caused by the bad pipes. Yes, there
is more to worry about than only artifacts when unlocking one of these babies.

You can overcome the core defaulting issue by forcing a constant performance level but that
can seriously shorten the life of your card.

If you want to read more check out my post over at Guru3d :

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145538

Who has stock voltage on their 6800nu´s and gets 400 and more on the core? Mine doesn´t go past 390/905, no artifacts but the driver doesn´t allow higher clocks.

karl76 said:
Who has stock voltage on their 6800nu´s and gets 400 and more on the core? Mine doesn´t go past 390/905, no artifacts but the driver doesn´t allow higher clocks.

I do. Runs great at 410 but gets a little flaky at 420. (stock 1.2v)

Back