• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Unlock or overclock first? Does it matter?

Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
996
So yeah, just got my 6800LE yesterday and was able to unlock 1 of the
2 masked pipelines and both vertex shaders.

I wanna try overclocking it (when I used Nvidia's auto detect thing, it
only raised it by like 14Mhz :p), but I seem to remember reading
something, somewhere about doing one or the other (unlocking or overclocking)
first.

Anyone know? Was it perhaps just some n00b thing I read on one of
the dozens of video card tech posts I've read through google searches? lol
 
the order in which you do it isn't important.

You might want to bench it with as high of an overclock as possible with the pipes disabled, see what you get, then do the same with them enabled. You might have to lower your clocks after the pipes are enabled to keep it stable and artifact free.

If you bench higher with higher clocks without the pipes, then that's the way to go! If not, then enable the pipes and run it that way. It's just trial and error.
 
Back
Top