• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

unknown usage of disk space

aznlangjai

n00b
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
21
I recently reformatted my 250gb hard drive and reinstalled windows. But yesterday, I realized that 130gb of my hard drive is being used. I showed all my hidden files and right click on every single folder and it came up to about 20gb of files. It reads the drive as 232gb and free space is 111gb, that is not possible.

I suspect that when I formatted my hard drive, I didn't do it with the boot disk. I went into DOS and typed format c:, rebooted and installed windows xp. I don't recall partitioning the hard drive in NTFS or FAT either.
 
What partitions show up in Disk Management? Start->run->diskmgmt.msc

Are you on fat32 or NTFS?
 
Back
Top