Universal Remote

alexbryant75

Weaksauce
Ok so I'm looking for Universal Remote to use with my DVR, TV, HD-DVD player and surround sound. Would anybody be so kind as in to give me some good ideas.:D

i love my 880. hopefully in a few months it will call my living room home because i am seriously eyeballing the Pronto TSU9400. a bit more then i am willing to pay but i know i will use most of the features and i am starting to find the limits of my 880. found a nice thing (in my eyes). i can use my 880 to teach codes to the Pronto TSU9400 that i would have a hard time getting otherwise.

I have the 880.....actually just got it. I love it..I just wish I could get it to work with my
Sony Reciever..for some reason I can have it learn the codes from the other remote..
but it won't work. The other wierd thing is if i press a command you don't get the signal
on the top of the remote..like the ))) symbol.

harmony 890.
Same remote as the 880, PLUS the ability to control via RF (thus allowing control without pointing the remote directly at the "box") I have it setup to control all my gear. Tv, receiver, cablebox, PC (winamp, divx movies, etc.) & bedroom tv. Don't quote me on this, but I remember seeing a post a while back about usb ir dongles working on the ps3. The only thing is, this will not accept power on, b/c usb will not bring the ps3 out of sleep.

Anyone have the Xbox 360 version of the Harmony? I'm looking at buying one and wanted to see if anyone has 1st hand experience with it.

i used it for about a week and returned it when i bought the 880. the price was to close to pass up. the 360 version does all the same stuff just not as pretty. you also get hard buttons for the xbox but i use the soft controls on my 880. i like the feel of the 360 version better bot not enough of an issue for me.

I bought it yesterday.

It was a little annoying to get it setup to work with Media Center propertly. It wasn't using the 360 remote profile, it was controlling the TV when it was done powering everything up. I changed some things around though and got it to work though. I've have a few button remaps to do but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I have a Logitech Harmony 520 and was amazed at how versitle it is.

Logitech Harmony

How many times must we answer this? STICKY: Universal Remote = HARMONY

got a logitech harmony 880 its an awesome remote and not too expensive....logitech is offering 10% rebate too

I love my Harmony 670 used to have 4 remotes sitting around now push one button and everything is powered on as needed real cool software to program the remote even use it for the air conditioners in the summer a real great product is it is smart.

Back