Unifi HP VLAN Setup

/usr/home

Supreme [H]ardness
There's a similar thread in here today, but mine's a bit different. My current setup, I have a Unifi AP which has two SSIDs on it. One for my personal and one for guests. I have my Mikrotik router pushing out two different subnets on different ports. It DOESN'T need vlan support since they are seperate interfaces. I've tested both and they work fine. I have them running into an HP 1800-8G.

Port 1 goes to my main network where my server and PCs are.
Port 2 goes to the second interface on my Mikrotik which is a different subnet.
Port 3 goes out to the AP.

I setup 2 VLANs, one for internal and one for external. On the Unifi I setup the internal network for VLAN 2 and the guests for VLAN3. The Unifi does tagging, but since the other ports are physical, they don't need tagging. I figured out the VLAN part and assigning the ports to them, but I don't understand how to do the tagging part.

Screenshot:
vlan.jpg

I'm just having trouble figuring this one out... I get the "idea and theory" of VLANs and tagging, but I'm stumped on this Procurve.

You'll need 3 ports to work correctly, and just 2 VLANs VLAN1 is the default Internal network, and VLAN2 for the Guest network. The UniFi port will need to be setup as a trunk for VLANs 1 (Internal) and 2 (Guest). This will pass Info to and from the port for both VLANs. Then on the Internal Network port, you'll need to leave its tag as VLAN 1. The Guest Interface will need to be tagged as VLAN2.

You'll need 3 ports to work correctly, and just 2 VLANs VLAN1 is the default Internal network, and VLAN2 for the Guest network. The UniFi port will need to be setup as a trunk for VLANs 1 (Internal) and 2 (Guest). This will pass Info to and from the port for both VLANs. Then on the Internal Network port, you'll need to leave its tag as VLAN 1. The Guest Interface will need to be tagged as VLAN2.

When I go to setup a trunk on that port, it tells me that it needs at least 2 ports to setup a trunk...

I'm wondering on the screenshot above, what options I need to select. I'm not sure I understand what all of the options mean and how they are used.

Back