• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Unequal/Uncomparable temps?

CoW]8(0)

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,427
With the Venice cores up and about as well as others which only consume 67W of power, is it really fair to compare those temps to a 89W CPU's like the Newcastle? How much of a difference would there normally be between the temps with the same cooling system?

Many of us with 89W CPU's might be fooled into getting a better cooling system in the hopes of getting 34C load temps :)
 
why would you really want temps that low anyhow, what you get out of it, if its under 60C and stable im happy, why do ppl worry so much

at stock my cpu loads at 30C :p my dothans gonna be like room temp, unless 3 ghz actualy is a lot of heat, wont know til i run it at it, my friend never told me temps other then he was air cooling it
 
Well I worry because I often run my CPU at full load for weeks at a time and a constant 60C temp isn't going to be great for it's life span...
 
CoW]8(0) said:
Well I worry because I often run my CPU at full load for weeks at a time and a constant 60C temp isn't going to be great for it's life span...
its fine, you will trash the cpu before it dies from heat stroke
 
Well I plan to have it for at least a few years. I don't upgrade systems, I build completely new ones and use the old ones for other tasks...And as I said, much of this time will be spent in full load...
 
CoW]8(0) said:
Well I plan to have it for at least a few years. I don't upgrade systems, I build completely new ones and use the old ones for other tasks...And as I said, much of this time will be spent in full load...
my statment remains unchanged
 
ryuji said:
my statment remains unchanged

And it remains true. Processors have incredibly long lifespans. Keeping your cpu at 60C might lower the span to around 30 years.
 
Back
Top