• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Undercooled northbridge?

Voodooo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 4, 2000
Messages
429
The whine of the NB fan on my new IC7 was sort of unbearable, so I ditched the abit hsf and put a custom made sink (a piece cut from a large old tbird sink)

The system is well stable so far, but I'm not 100% convinced the new sink makes full contact witht he NB die. Should I worry much even if the system is stable?
 
If it gets warm, then you know you have pretty good contact. If not, just redo the thermal compound again just to make sure.
 
My question was pretty dumb isnt it :) Yeah it gets pretty warm when there is a load (game etc.)
 
Back
Top