Underclocking Pentium 4

Ma1icious

n00b
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
15
I have a computer in my house that is incredibly noisy. It's heatsink fan would become incredibly loud after having it on for a few minutes or running high priority applications such as games. I have cleaned out all the dust inside the computer and it is still noisy. I want to underclock it but when I went into BIOS, there was no way for me to change the multiplier or FSB. How can I go about underclocking this computer? Is there a windows program I could use?
 
I have a computer in my house that is incredibly noisy. It's heatsink fan would become incredibly loud after having it on for a few minutes or running high priority applications such as games. I have cleaned out all the dust inside the computer and it is still noisy. I want to underclock it but when I went into BIOS, there was no way for me to change the multiplier or FSB. How can I go about underclocking this computer? Is there a windows program I could use?


Underclock it....*gasp...you are on the wrong website...look for that info at [H]ard|UCP...j/k:D ...why underclock...just get yourself a new quiet aftermarket HSF...decent/quiet ones can be had for 20 dollars..my 2 cents
 
There are tons of good S478 coolers out there for less then $20. Just replace it and be on your way. Cooler Master makes a good one for less then $20 also.
 
If you're willing to spend a little more, you can get a Scythe passive cooler. Then there will be no noise.
 
I have a computer in my house that is incredibly noisy. It's heatsink fan would become incredibly loud after having it on for a few minutes or running high priority applications such as games. I have cleaned out all the dust inside the computer and it is still noisy. I want to underclock it but when I went into BIOS, there was no way for me to change the multiplier or FSB. How can I go about underclocking this computer? Is there a windows program I could use?

You have no overclocking or underclocking options in your bios obviously. You can either look around in your bios for a fan speed setting, or buy a better CPU cooler. I recommend Zalman coolers. The P4 system in my sig runs virtually silent thanks to Zalman coolers on both the video card and CPU.
 
Back
Top