Underclocking notebook

dc_firedrake

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 3, 2001
Messages
291
How might I go about under clocking my notebook proccessor?

It's a regular desktop class P4 2.4 Ghz (don't recall the exact specs). The bios on the noteboook is *very* limited. I can't do much beyond change the boot sequence. but I need my notebook to run cooler and longer. I'm thinking under clocking would help this, but I don't know if I can.

My notebook is an HP Pavilion ze375us

Thanks
^_^
«SK»
 
i dont think you can underclock your notebook since its made by HP. you could try soft fsb but if you want to run cooler and longer you want to have a lower cpu voltage.
 
Originally posted by mattsmall
i dont think you can underclock your notebook since its made by HP. you could try soft fsb but if you want to run cooler and longer you want to have a lower cpu voltage.

and how can I do that...?
 
probably cannot be done, try whatever suggestion mattsmall posted.
 
Back
Top