• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Underclocking help!!!

jedandjess

n00b
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
2
Hi all. I wonder if anyone out there can help me with this different kind of problem, maybe the older ones will. I have a pentium 1 system which i recently built, with a P1-120Mhz processor installed (socket 7). I have set the multiplier to it's lowest setting, and the chip is running at 75Mhz :) . The problem is, for the task I want the machine to perform, this is still too fast. I am looking for around half the speed of a P75.
Has anyone got any advice how I could lower the overall performance? Would changing the voltage work and if so do I increase or decrease the voltage? I'd prefer to slow the CPU down with hardware changes rather than a program like moslow as it's more reliable.

Any help appreciated I've asked in other forums but no one seems to know, I just get refrered to Moslo :(

cheers

Jedandjess
 
just 1 quik question, as Im new to OCIng and havent heard of underCIng.


Why would anyone want to overclock.

Probably, a really stupid question, but just curious.
Thnanks
 
sham said:
just 1 quik question, as Im new to OCIng and havent heard of underCIng.


Why would anyone want to overclock.

Probably, a really stupid question, but just curious.
Thnanks

Underclocking can lower temps and power consumption, a lot of eco freaks do it. And in this case it appears that our friend is attempting to simulate a slower machine.
 
Buy a 486 buying them is good for everything [even saving animals from eating old 120Mb HDDs and dying {so I can eat them later :D :D }] [insert evil laugh here]
 
Back
Top