Uncharted

sl3000gt94

Limp Gawd
well I picked up this game tonight. Man is it great. It takes about 15-20min to get use to the controls and all. The story so far is sweet and 10x better then Crysis story. The graphics are great and its just an overal fun game. Good buy

well I picked up this game tonight. Man is it great. It takes about 15-20min to get use to the controls and all. The story so far is sweet and 10x better then Crysis story. The graphics are great and its just an overal fun game. Good buy

No doubt, glad you are enjoying it.One of the few games ive played in a while that felt like a solid complete experience from beginning to end.

Seach button could of helped you find a thread already talking about this.

But yes.. great game, Naughty Dog owns :)

When I bought my PS3 I had to decide between Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank to get as the included game. I picked Uncharted and although I'll probably get Ratchet later I hope I made the right decision. It seems like I couldn't go wrong with either but it's good to hear good things...

Uncharted is great...it's a really long game so you'll feel as though you've gotten your moneys worth. Controls are good, story is decent, some fights get a lil tough and the graphics are beautiful. :D

Yeah, there's a big thread on this game if you hunt for it. It's a game of the year contender for sure.
Yahoo actually did a "Top 10 games for the Holidays" that's pretty much on par with my own list, and Uncharted made the list.

well some of my feelings have changed.
The game was pretty fun so far until these STUPID monsters show up..WTF is up with the adding of these. They are annoying to fight and they throw TONS of them at you at a time. I am pretty annoyed with this game now with adding these. I thought this was about treasure hunting not a stupid game of Doom

...well, they're a bit of a spoiler...but just an FYI, they're really only on 1-2 levels. You'll be rid of them soon enough. Their main level is probably the hardest and most annoying one in the game, though.

I'd like to say that the game was difficult to an extent, but i'd hate for people to show up and start talking shit about how bad of a gamer I am.

Nonetheless, ending was cool. I thought it was going to end in a romance...guess not

Have had the game since day 1, but haven't started yet because i wanted to finish Ratchet and Clank first, and Mass Effect has called me. The demo was fun though, hope to start playing after exams are over

Hardforums needs to implement a Spoiler button, much like the PA forums. Would help the community much I believe.

What? The main character ends up falling in love with one of the monsters, then the monster leads them to the treasure, there is a sex cutscene and the main guy kills the monster.

SPOILEZ!

A:D

Another jungle type game except it is 10x better than Far Cry/Crysis so far. I wish this game was on PC.

The console controls kill it for me, console controls are a bain of my existence. So clumsy and slow and unprecise. The gunfights are ridiculous. With a mouse I would have headshot all the slow moving enemies within 10 seconds. Now I am ducking from cover and holding the analog and pressing circle and using L1 and R1 and coordinating them while the trying to aim with the analog and it takes a minute to do what should otherwise be simple.

Great game. Terrible controls as defacto with most console games.

I played it for a while last night, and it was hard to believe that there is practically no evident load times. Idk how they did it, but I hope this trend continues.

The controls are pretty much on par with Gears...which was turned into a PC game and retained the same scheme. PC gamers don't seem to be complaining about that. It really only has one more button press required than any other normal shooter, which is the "aim/leave cover" button.
I'll agree that I'd be doing better with a mouse, but I never really had much trouble headshooting people even with the semi-clumsy PS3 controller. I ended up getting the max bonus for headshots in one play-through, so it's certainly possible.
Anyway, I personally find many PC games to have clumsier control schemes than consoles do. Rather than have a simplified scheme that replaces buttons when they're no longer feasible, many/most PC games force you to map 15-20 keys that a console developer would effectively narrow to half that simply because certain buttons SHOULD overlap.
Anyway, it sounds like you just don't like aiming with analogs. I can understand it, but these days I think more people are used to that than using a mouse. Uncharted's control scheme is no better or worse than any other shooter on a console...so that's a pretty broad gripe.

One thing about loading times...it's using that trend that games like Gears started. You'll notice that the textures don't load right away. It rarely affects anything you see in Uncharted, but occasionally you'll approach something and it looks completely devoid of any details. Games like Mass Effect use this a TON (somewhat ineffectively, IMO) but Uncharted does an excellent job with it.

Maybe it's me... but aiming with the Sixaxis is frustrating to say the least. Aiming in Uncharted is very difficult, as the controls seems over sensitive. I had the same issue in Heavenly Sword on the Kai shooting and cannon levels. Seems that the aftertouch in Heavenly Sword was needed to correct the lack of precision in the targeting.

Is it me? Is it my PC gaming roots causing me fits and I'll get better?

it takes some getting used to, and it helps to turn down the sensitivity.

Some of it is just the nature of aiming with a pad vs. a mouse. With a mouse, you pretty much just move the crosshair where you want it - as fast or as slow as you want. With a pad, you can either turn the sensitivity down and make aiming easy (but slow) or you can turn it way up and it's almost as fast as a mouse...but much harder.
One thing I've noticed is that the PS3 analogs are much more "touchy" than the 360's controller. I'm not sure if they're using some sort of compensation or what, but you have to be a lot more precise. Plus, the location of the analog sticks likely means you're aiming with the thumb knuckle, while the 360's pad is higher and indented so you'd be using your thumb tip.

Ultimately I would prefer a mouse for uncharted, but sadly I don't see that happening

Nah, it's not going to happen. ND's never been for porting and it would take an overhaul on the game (which has already sold well) to include mouse aiming. I think that device that looks kind of like a pad and mouse together might be an option. Did that ever come out?

I too would much rather have a mouse. Id like to try the FragFX, but I want a wireless version. I wish they would just realize that a lot of people want better controls, and that comes from a real mouse.

I thought the controls wher enot to bad..Aiming wasnt overly hard. Sometimes enemies took a little to many rounds to die. must have used that trick from Crytek..Over all I thought the game was awesome and had alot of fun playing it. was worth the money

Fragfx is a waste of money, you have been warned :eek: I believe I have every mouse emulator on the market for the consoles minus the XIM setup. I have the following

XFPS & XFPS PRO ( both with a smartjoy setup)
Fragfx (with PS2 to usb adapter)
Fragfx for PS3

I'll wait for Hori or Logitech to make a nice DS3 gamepad and I'll be set

Me and Uncharted have a date after the new year. I'll probably get it from Gamefly after I beat R&C.

I hate to bump dead threads normally, but I just got a ps3 (mgs4 bundle) and picked up Uncharted and GTA 4 with the GC.

So far the game has been enjoyable but the aiming system is the worst I have ever seen or used on a (current gen) console shooter.

1. The sensitivity is mind-bogglingly low to start with and I had to jack it all the way up to get it to be anywhere near usable.
2. The auto-aim "stickyness" starts before you even get your reticle on the enemies. This means that you have to aim TWICE to hit someone. (This may not be an issue if you don't bother with headshots.)

This is ridiculous and I wish I could just turn the auto aim completely off but I can't find an option to do so anywhere. The cover system is pretty terrible but would be livable if the aiming wasn't so bad.

Overall it's an enjoyable game but the little things are killing me.

I never really had any issues with auto-aim...certainly not compared to most console games. I noticed the PS3 analogs tend to have issues with "skipping" over targets if you don't use smooth motions, but that's really the case with any game.

Console aiming is pretty much all retarded. You are stuck in an over the shoulder mod so you can't turn or strafe properly. The crosshair is a giant circle. You just jerk the sticks around and shoot everywhere hoping that auto-aim will hit.

I hate console games...but I did pass Drake's fortune because I was interested in the story and graphics were excellent. I could have predicted that the game would have jumped the shark too. All these games have to have zombie monsters or nazis...This game somehow managed both.

I just picked up my ps3 last week with mgs4 and I had planned to get uncharted/warhawk soon.

I tried the demo to Uncharted and it was fun, will probably get it in a few weeks.

However can someone tell me, is the actual game more story heavy then the demo or does it rely more on just linear action/paths with a tiny story bit here and there?

Also the graphics are great, I love how when you go into water the character looks wet, etc (similar to how it worked in ghost recon/splinter cell).

However for all the talk that was going on before the game came out, about all the little animations and details they put into it, the game has some of the most obvious "skating" syndrome I've seen in a while, where the characters feet done move in-sync with the speed that he's moving and it looks like he's skiing.

I just picked up my ps3 last week with mgs4 and I had planned to get uncharted/warhawk soon.

I tried the demo to Uncharted and it was fun, will probably get it in a few weeks.

However can someone tell me, is the actual game more story heavy then the demo or does it rely more on just linear action/paths with a tiny story bit here and there?

Also the graphics are great, I love how when you go into water the character looks wet, etc (similar to how it worked in ghost recon/splinter cell).

However for all the talk that was going on before the game came out, about all the little animations and details they put into it, the game has some of the most obvious "skating" syndrome I've seen in a while, where the characters feet done move in-sync with the speed that he's moving and it looks like he's skiing.

The game is pretty story heavy and the locations and things you have to do change nicely but it's totally cliche and you can expect where the story is going to go eventually despite the archeaology angle...(think Far Cry and Crysis)

I thought it was some of the best over the shoulder shooting to date, it took a level or so to ge used to it but after that I was popping fools in the head left and right.

I played te demo and didn't pick it up until a few months later and I wish I had got it day 1, really amazing title and the demo doesn't do it justice, just wait till you climb the waterfall after you find the sub, you will be floored trust me.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game except for a couple levels at the end. I was not blown away by the graphics but they were good for the PS3. I appreciated the lack of loading times. The repetitive enemies became annoying. I wish there were more battles with the pirates and the "other" guys at end or (even in the middle off screen so I couldn't see what was going on) so I didn't feel so much like a walking tank. I was mowing down everyone with a pistol even if they hard armor, helmets, and grenade launchers.

The story is cliche, but the presentation is top notch. Graphically, the game isn't technically all that impressive, but damn, it IS beautiful.

Aiming does seem wonky though. I've lined up headshots on guys who didn't know I was there (shooting them in the back of the head) and it didn't register as a headshot and kill them. :rolleyes:

beat the game, thoroughly enjoyed it. wished i had purchased it before mgs4 so that i wasn't trying to compare it to one of the best games ever.
But it is fun. My wife is a fan of tomb raider, i watch her play eventually she gets stuck in one of the first acts and then i end up beating the game for her. So this was a nice change of pace compared to the last two tomb raiders ive been forced to walk through. Story flows nicely. Good solid graphics. I loved the jetski sequences.

its the best game for either console (PS3/360) and I'm a sole 360 owner. Played it when I borrowed a buddy's PS3 awhile back.

Console aiming is pretty much all retarded. You are stuck in an over the shoulder mod so you can't turn or strafe properly. The crosshair is a giant circle. You just jerk the sticks around and shoot everywhere hoping that auto-aim will hit.

I hate console games...but I did pass Drake's fortune because I was interested in the story and graphics were excellent. I could have predicted that the game would have jumped the shark too. All these games have to have zombie monsters or nazis...This game somehow managed both.

You seriously need to tag your spoilers.

I still think Uncharted has been the best game from this generation. I've cleared it 3 times and once the trophies are in there I'll do it again.
It's like Gears of War and Prince of Persia...but with a fun plot thrown in for good measure.
Yes, I though the "end" enemies were a little lame, but you really only have them on 1-2 levels so it's not like Far Cry's nonsense.
I still think it's better than MGS4. MG's great for what it is, but literally half of the game or more is sitting back watching movies. Uncharted does a good job of keeping the game moving, but still telling a story.

Back