Uncharted Demo discussion

Bowhuntr11

[H]F Junkie
Since last night it has said the demo would be released today. So I thought I would go ahead and start the thread about it. I have been waiting too see how good this will be...

Me too. I can't wait to get home and try this. Game looks like a lot of fun. But also seems like if you don't like tombraider, you wont like this. But I love tombraider :D

Yeah, this is a dark horse game for me. With so many good games hitting shelves, it's easy to forget this one. I actually had forgotten until I saw it on the new PS3 commercials.
It's from a company with reliably good games, it looks very polished, and it reminds me of Far Cry crossed with Indiana Jones.
I'm certainly hoping it's good. Tonight I guess we'll know!

I pre-ordered this game. am very excited for it. Naughty Dog always puts out top stuff.

as of 10 AM this morning though, the demo was still not posted on PSN...

I pre-ordered this game. am very excited for it. Naughty Dog always puts out top stuff.

as of 10 AM this morning though, the demo was still not posted on PSN...

Yeah 2 hours ago it wasnt either. They usually wont post it new stuff for about another 4-5 hours.

It is live!

Also with college hoops 2k8 and more themes and guitar hero 3 add-on's (foo fighters and velvet revolver)

Seems like the server is hammered...I can't get anything to load.

Wow this game looks amazing! Looks just as good as the promo shots - amazing lighting, no jaggies, crisp textures, etc. But most importantly, the demo was a lot of fun.

Just finished the demo.

First off it looked great, nice textures, didn't see any drop in frame rate. I was most impressed by all the shadowing thrown by the sun filtering through the forest.

The aiming controls took me a few to get used to. I think it will be a winner.

I am amazed how far the look of games on the PS3 has come in its first year.

Ugh I finally just got it finished downloading...stupid slow DSL.... :mad:

But its 25% installed...27%...mmm can't wait!

Wow...thats all I can say. This has to be one of the best games at least environmental graphics wise, I have seen.

The shadows are perfect...and also the best part I found was that when you get under the waterfall...the clothes get wet on him...and they actually look wet. And then while you are playing you can see the clothes dry... :eek:

dsc01662eu3.jpg

dsc01658aa4.jpg

dsc01656re7.jpg

Bar none some of the best graphics ever. The jungle looks so alive. The shadows and texture detail are amazing. The gameplay feels very polished. I can't believe how fluid the animations look. This is only a second generation game !

Definitely a day 1 purchase.

The graphics are absolutely sick. I am generally not a huge adventure game fan, but there seems to be a lot more action in this game than many other adventure titles. Definitely going to pick this one up.

So what makes this game an adventure game? Seems just like a shooter to me with a little bit of a platformer in it. The environment is looks good, I just wish there was some FSAA.

Yeah, just downloaded last night...can't wait to grab it, graphics are very pretty indeed, for a "early" PS3 titles. Naughty Dog and Insomniac just proved how much they pwn at Sony stuff with the releases of Ratchet and Clank and this one soon. :D

I'm not really WOWED by the graphics although good don't get me wrong. The shadowing and the lighting are good yes. But I don't feel like I'm really seeing anything leaps and bounds for the environments. HOWEVER: The animations of the guy and the AI of the people are really, really good! Very natural feeling. Like a more realistic Tombraider (It's always going to be compared to it but that's a good think after Legend)

Definately like this game and how it feels. Will purchase! :D

Yeah, just downloaded last night...can't wait to grab it, graphics are very pretty indeed, for a "early" PS3 titles. Naughty Dog and Insomniac just proved how much they pwn at Sony stuff with the releases of Ratchet and Clank and this one soon. :D

I thought R and C was done by the guys who released Resistance Fall of Man. Is this not the case?

I found the demo leaving me wanting to definitely buy the game now. The graphics were very good, especially the lighting and shadowing as everyone else is saying. The fluid and realistic animations are phenomenal. I found the controls to work very well too. I am greatly looking forward to this game, another winner for the PS3, which is finally starting to get great games.

ergh I wanted to play this last night but it was taking too much time to download. Being a friday and all I hope i'm sober enough to turn my ps3 on so that it can finish dl'ing and I'll get a chance to play it before i pass out.

Yeah I was almost cursing at one point, was pinned down by one enemy and then another out flanked and killed me :D

I thought R and C was done by the guys who released Resistance Fall of Man. Is this not the case?

Yep it was, Insomniac is skilled enough to branch out into FPS and on their first one make it a PS3 launch title, heh. But yeah, R&C is Insomniac only, but it is a lot like Jak & Daxter from Naughty Dog...you can unlock each skins' in the other game. I think Naughty Dog got their big start w/ Jak on the PS2 (near early launch, Jak 3 looks really nice for a later PS2 game), and Insomniac w/ Spyro.

"Smaller" houses making great games, though I read the GI article on Uncharted...wooden stage mockups and stuff for accurate animation. :eek: I think the big graphical acheivment isn't mainly the environments & such, but rather the attention paid towards characters...

It was going slow last night, so I ended up just stopping it and re-starting it this morning. Hopefully I'll have it up and running when I get home from work. I'm looking forward to this as it sounds like you guys mostly really like it.

Naughty Dog started with Crash Bandicoot.

Then they went on to make Jak and Daxter.

awesomely revamped the series for Jak 2, sometime in between Jak and Daxter and Jak 2, insomniac had a fresh idea to branch out from Spyro. and they were looking for an engine. the two teams have friends between eachother or something and Naughty Dog shared some of their technology with insomniac, who then customized the engine to suit Ratchet and Clank. Ratchet and Clank is more of a 3rd person shooter disguised as a platformer and the Jak games (after Jak and Daxter) are hybrid games that still very much include some of the best platforming to be had.

Initially, aside from the visuals, Uncharted had me colored unimpressed.

However, as the action heated up and more enemies started coming and trying to flank me, I just fell in love with it. They may not be THE most smart enemies, but they can still be very challenging... Day 1 purchase for me, which is looking to be Thursday!

Damn... and I still haven't picked up COD4... and was planning on picking up Assassin's Creed on Tuesday.
Poor wallet of mine...

Just picked up Ratchet and Clank, Assassins Creed this week, and hopefully will still have some cash for Uncharted. Demo is awesome and if it wasn't for AC, Uncharted would of been a 1st day purchase for me. To many awesome game in such little time. Damn 08' is going to break the bank for good. Don't want to even think about 09' (gas prolly be like 5$ a god damn gallon)

I got a chance to play it this weekend and it actually surprised me a little bit. I was expecting an adventure game, but it played like more of a shooter. I was playing around with Gears of War earlier and I couldn't help getting a feeling of deja vu. Reminds me of Gears in the jungle, but with more platforming elements. I really had a good time, but I still hate the PS3 controller for any games that require pinpoint aiming.
I still have a ton of games I want this week, and I think I'm adding this one to the pile. I'm pretty sure Thanksgiving is just going to be gaming and beer for me :)

played it on Sunday, I was really impressed w/ the graphics. I was expecting more puzzle elements, but hey, it's just a demo. Combat seemed ok, cover system seemed pretty good, but I don't think I'll purchase. This one is going on the gamefly queue behind mass effect and possibly before assassins creed. I can't afford to buy any more games this year :(
Damn it looked good on my sammy lcd.

I believe the full game has more puzzle and platforming elements than what we saw in the demo. A 50/50 mix with combat would be perfect.

Back