• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Unauthorized Access Attempt when accessing forums

[Spectre]

I Will Find You
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
24,889
Someone was trying to access the forums and they got this message below. I am just posting it for them them since I have never encountered it.

IE: 19/04/2005 1:00:24 AM, HTTP_Favorites_Icon_Overflow, www3.itotf.net, 1

Description: [Unauthorized Access Attempt] This signature detects when you visit a Web site that provides a "favorites icon" that has a suspicious format. This includes an icon that contains a large number of images or an icon with one or more overlapping images. These icons can overflow a buffer in some older browsers allowing the server to take control of the client.
 
2: Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr

I clicked the link & got hit after hit also i get: 4/04/2005 10:36:53 PM, Image_PNG_Malformed, www1.itotf.net,

4/04/2005 10:36:53 PM, Image_PNG_Malformed, www1.itotf.net,

Other half of the email. Sorry, should have included it. :eek:

Edit: Thanks for looking into it.
 
Bumping this up, not to bug Kyle or the admins/moderators just to see if anyone else has run into this. Thanks for looking into it Kyle.
 
I had a simalar problem using Mozilla.. Message was something along the lines:

Not allowed access, port 80, contact Adminstrator, etc.. After I cleared my cookies
I was able to login without any problems..

Only now, I need to login each time.. :rolleyes: There was a fix for this posted a while back.. I do a search.. :)
 
Maybe...but this is the who is lookup for the domain:

Registrant:
Digitech
David Lee
P. O. Box 9926
College Station, TX 77842
US
+1.9797318701 (FAX) +1.9797318702
26193@whois.gkg.net

Administrative Contact:
Digitech
David Lee
P. O. Box 9926
College Station, TX 77842
US
+1.9797318701 (FAX) +1.9797318702
26193@whois.gkg.net

Technical Contact:
Digitech
David Lee
P. O. Box 9926
College Station, TX 77842
US
+1.9797318701 (FAX) +1.9797318702
26193@whois.gkg.net

Billing Contact
Digitech
David Lee
P. O. Box 9926
College Station, TX 77842
US
+1.9797318701 (FAX) +1.9797318702
26193@whois.gkg.net

Registrar..: gkg.net (http://register.gkg.net/)
Domain Name: ITOTF.NET
Created on..............: 09-OCT-1999
Expires on..............: 09-OCT-2005
Record last updated on..: 21-SEP-2004
Status..................: ACTIVE

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.ITOTF.COM
NS2.ITOTF.COM
NS.CKMDESIGN.COM
NS2.CKMDESIGN.COM
NS3.CKMDESIGN.COM
NS3.ITOTF.COM
 
Back
Top