Unattended install of Office 07 through GPO

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a question in doing a unattended install of Office 07 through GPO. I have modified the config.xml file accordingly and have tested it by the command prompt. I issued the following command to install Office 07:

C:\Office2007\setup.exe /config C:\Office2007\Enterpriser.WW\config.xml

This works perfectly and everything installs properly that I set in the config.xml file. How do I deploy this through a group policy now? I know for Software Installations you need a .msi file and from what I read I need to use the EnterpriserWW.msi file that is located in the same folder config.xml is located in. However, whenever I try to install Office 07 by double clicking the EnterpriserWW.msi file, I keep getting a error message saying: Error 1713. Setup cannot install one of the required products for Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.

All the Office 07 files are located locally in my test VM and I have yet to move the Office 07 files to the file server.

Well it worked. I just applied the EnterpriserWW.msi file to the software installation group policy and it installed just fine. However, I think I need to apply R2 to my Server 2008 install because I am testing this on Windows 7 Ultimate and it doesn't install until you log on.... Whenever you do a software installation through GPO, isnt it suppose to install the software as the computer boots up?

Did you assign the application to a user or a computer? I'm thinking about Synchronous Foreground Processing and the 'Always Wait for Network' functions.

Back