Unable to recover deleted email. Samsung Note 5.

SBMongoos

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently on 6.0.1. I've had this problem on an earlier version of the OS though. When I go into the email Trash I can tap, hold and swipe to the right and see an option to Move. However, when I first start to swipe to the right Move appears enabled but I cannot get to it until I fully swipe to the right and release. Then when I do Move is greyed out. So I cannot move email back to the Inbox.

Also, if I open an email in Trash, the option Forward is also greyed out.

Any ideas? 6.0.1 came out not long ago but this was an issue before hand. I've already completed factory resets but no luck.

Samsung is of no help. I've tried a few people through their chat but nothing. Last person said: "Jagapathi J: I would like to say that it is not possible to move the email from the trash box. Jagapathi J:Is there anything else I may assist you with?" Then they proceed to try to troubleshoot my email in Outlook on my PC. WTF?

Last edited:
That's most likely a function (or the lack thereof) of the mail app you're using. It's not Android. You have to be more specific of what mail app you are referring to.

That's most likely a function (or the lack thereof) of the mail app you're using. It's not Android. You have to be more specific of what mail app you are referring to.

Good point. It's the default Email app. The app icon has the little envelope with the @ symbol in the middle.

Since you just updated your post, I suspect it's the Samsung email app. I suggest you to try another app. Heck, try adding your account on the Gmail app. I like Outlook for Android app too. The Samsung email app is like most Samsung apps, stupid, laggy, and a waste of space.

Since you just updated your post, I suspect it's the Samsung email app. I suggest you to try another app. Heck, try adding your account on the Gmail app. I like Outlook for Android app too. The Samsung email app is like most Samsung apps, stupid, laggy, and a waste of space.

I want to be able to send with a read receipt and/or high priority. Can you do that with the Gmail app? I cannot on my Nexus 7.

I should have noted that I use POP3 not IMAP. Preference of mine. So it looks like Outlook is out. Gmail doesn't do delivery receipts.

Last edited:
Back