Unable to receive photos via iMessage, but able to send 'em...?

VanFanel89

2[H]4U
Gents,

A peculiar situation... my grandpa (who lives outside of the US - no easy access) has an iPad 2, not jailbroken, on iOS 6.0.1

His iPad is linked with my iPhone, my mom's iPhone/iPad, my dads iPhone and my wifes... we use the same iMessage account but different IDs - this setup has been working for quite a while flawlessly.

We were able to send and receive pictures and text messages via iMessage for months... up until a couple weeks ago when suddenly, he stopped being able to receive any pictures any one of us sent to him via iMessage. He can receive text messages from anyone, and he can send pictures to us - but not receive.

We've done the following:

• Reboot (multiple times)
  • Disable/Enable iMessage
  • Wipe network settings
  • Reboot router/modem at home
  • Try different iMessage account
  • Backup and restore

None of these has resolved the problem and I am at my wits end... has anyone experience this kind of an issue and has ANY idea about what can be done?

Since all of you have idevices, you all should be using your own email addresses and phone number for iMessage. There is no need for all those devices to be tied to the same email address for iMessage.

I say work on getting everyone on his/her own email address and the get them working one at a time. Save your grandpa for last, so you'll have it figured out by the time you get to him.

Since all of you have idevices, you all should be using your own email addresses and phone number for iMessage. There is no need for all those devices to be tied to the same email address for iMessage.

I say work on getting everyone on his/her own email address and the get them working one at a time. Save your grandpa for last, so you'll have it figured out by the time you get to him.
No no - each device has a unique email address and/or phone number...

Back