Unable to power on motherboard

ashman

Gawd
I have an Asrock EP2C602 motherboard that was working in an older SuperMicro 36 bay chassis. I removed the board to try and see if a smaller board would work, it did not. I removed any extra standoffs and now the EP2C602 will not power on. The power button on the chassis has never worked so I am using a screwdriver to try and power on the board.
The odd thing is there are two power supplies in this chassis, when I plug them in, I can feel their fans spin up, so they are getting power, the rest just puzzles me.
I'm attaching some pics of when I had the board out of the case trying to power it on, but it would not.

Hoping someone has some ideas, it was working fine until I removed it.

IMG_1360.jpeg
IMG_1361.jpeg
IMG_1362.jpeg

Are you sure it is doing nothing? A lot of server boards take a very long time to post from a cold boot.

There is no indication that it's doing anything, from what I remember it should power on immediately. There are no lights on the board, nothing, it's just dead and unresponsive.

Turns out the power distribution board is dead. I bought a power supply tester and when I plugged the 24 pin connector from the Supermicro chassis into it, I got nothing. I tried this with a regular ATX power supply and it lit up.I then connected a regular ATX power supply to the board in the Supermicro chassis and I got lights on the motherboard that I wasn't getting before. I found a used power distirbution board on eBay and should have it in a bout three weeks. I'll have to do a bit of surgery on the chassis to swap it out but it doesn't look too complicated.

Back