Unable to install Windows 7 or 10(technical preview) steps inside

xFuryofFivex

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been having the most difficult time installing Windows 7 home prem, pro & Win10 Technical preview on my brothers machine and looking for assistance.

His Parts are :(purchased on 9/22/2014)
Silicon Power S60 120GB SSD
PowerColor TurboDuo AXR9 270 2GB
MSI 970A-G43 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950
Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM
AMD FX-8320 Vishera 8-Core
RAIDMAX Horus ATX-322WB
HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB DDR3 SDDDR3 1600
Win7 Home premium(legit key)

also i threw in a old 1TB WD black drive

I used an asus external drive, a blu-ray reader in an enclosure as well as the drive removed and connected directly to the motherboard.

I've installed windows successfully before, and he somehow borked it. So here we are trying to install Win7 again and i'm having no success.

I've tried instaling it from multiple sources : (win7 pro OEM disc, Win10 tech preview on usb flash and on disc,Win7 home prem ISO burned onto disc from the Win7 website as well as a flash drive, and another win7 home prem iso burnt onto disc

MS offers a utility to turn Flash drives into bootable drives. So i used that.
I was unsure if i would run into a problem since i burned the ISO's onto dual-layer DVD's instead of single layer.

I even tried changing the sata cables and sata ports, each getting the same two errors over and over again. And Windows 10 installed fully once but kicked back errors and wouldnt boot into windows.

the 1st error being "please install a dvd/cd device and rescan" (the exact words escape me, currently at work)
If im lucky to get past the first error, i receive the message about halfway through installation "setup is missing essentials file and will have to stop" (again the words escape me).

I'm at a loss because im not sure how to proceed. My last thought was to try and flash the motherboard bios. In hopes that if it got corrupt that would fix that.

I'm Think the motherboard is possibly bad. What do you all think?

So basically, Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Last edited:
Set the hard drive in the bios SATA settings as achi or raid, not ide

Back