• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Unable to install ATi HD2600 XT

sethmo

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
3,370
I dont know whats going on, this same card installed fine on another machine with the CD. Its an AGP Sapphire HD2600 XT 512mb card. Ive tried using the latest Cat 7.7s(last Cats to support AGP?), 7.6s, and whatever is on the CD and each time I get this weird screen about Windows logo testing. Its not the normal "This software has not passed Windows logo testing : Continue Anyway", it just says that the hardware could not be installed and only option is to click ok. See the following screenshot:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/sethmo38/logotesting.jpg

I thought it might be a permissions issue, cause it does say contact your administrator. So I created a new administrator account, tried reinstalling, no go.

Ive used driver cleaner to uninstall all ATI files, used CCleaner to clean up the registry, then reinstalling, but same exact issue as before. So whats going on? Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:
 
I fixed it. Under system properties -> Hardware -> Driver Signing, "Block - Never install unsigned drivers" was checked. Since this is a new card, ATi says it hasnt passed Windows logo testing which makes sense, windows logo testing ftl!
 
Back
Top