• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Unable to get new WU

rbest62

n00b
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
13
Checked on the box this morning and noticed this error.
20:29:06] + Attempting to get work packet
[20:29:06] Passkey found
[20:29:06] - Connecting to assignment server
[20:29:06] - Successful: assigned to (130.237.232.237).
[20:29:06] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[20:29:06] Loaded queue successfully.
[20:30:40] - Attempt #9 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

Is this a server issue or is something corrupt on my box.

Thanks in advance
 
Restarted client no luck. I also restarted the systems and still having the same error.
 
Ok, can you connect to any of the servers and get work, re configure the client with the standard -SMP switch, remove -bigadv and see if you can get any WU to download
 
I ran in to this recently with one out of eight clients running -bigadv on a server with eight NVidia Tesla cards in it. It seems there was not a -bigadv job available at the time and I had to remove -bigadv to get a job. Give it time. :)
 
I finally got it to work. I went in and deleted the machine specfic file, the work directory and one other file and it started working again. Guess something got corrupted, but lost a day of work :mad:.
 
Back
Top