Unable to Disable Crossfire

INYNN

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
298
I'm having a problem disabling Crossfire I keep getting a bluescreen while its trying to disable. Every single time, even in safe mode.

I have a 4870x2 & a 4870 single.

Any ideas?
 
What are you trying to do exactly? (why are you trying to disable crossfire?)

Are you looking to disable crossfire completely or simply disable crossfire between the 4870x2 and the 4870?

Have you tried removing the crossfire bridge?
 
Crossfire hurts Folding@Home performance and I need it gone on this system. No crossfire bridge is installed at present. Its pretty weird.
 
I think you have to disable or uninstall CCC to disable CF on the 4870x2?


P.S. ATI Catalyst Tweak Guide
It is recommended that you then make sure Catalyst AI is enabled (See further above) so that the Catalyst drivers can automatically set the correct Crossfire mode for each game.
So it seems if a Catalyst AI option is offered, disable it to disable CF?
 
Last edited:
I actually just uninstalled the 10.3 ATI drivers completly and removed the crossfire bridge. I wanted to just use the windows driver and reload the ATI driver. Now it bluescreens every time when I boot normally and the ATI 10.3 drivers dont detect that any ATI cards are present in the system when I try to load them in safe mode.

All I get when loading the 10.3 ATI Drivers is the errors: "detection drivers failed to load" and "failed to detect system configuration"

This is driving me nuts, any ideas?
 
I fixed the problem, booted to safemode, deleted the cards in device manager and all driver data. Ran driver cleaner to remove all traces of ATI drivers. booted to VGA mode (low rez) loaded the driver again and rebooted to normal mode.

Not I just need to figure out why GPU 2 is stuck in 2D clocks when its doing something like Folding @ Home....
 
PM EvilAlchemist. He's helped others F@H on AMD cards.
 
Back
Top