Unable to change language in Windows XP SP3

exchange keys

Limp Gawd
I don't even know if this is possible or not, but I installed Windows XP SP3 on a notebook, and it has been set to English. However, I would like to change it to another language, like Spanish or German, or even Japanese. I tried going into muisetup.exe and changing the language, but all I have is English. Also, it seems that I missing the EUAL from the muisetup.exe, along these files: MUI.INF; MUIQFE.INF; MUIGFE.EXE; EULA.TXT [source: http://users.utu.fi/ptmusta/WinXPlang.shtml].

I've tried downloading the Windows XP Language Interface Packs for the languages I wanted, but no luck. I tried changing the language in the Regional and Language Options in Control Panel, under Advance, to apply to all users, but no luck here either.

Maybe someone here has come up with an issue like this previously?

Thank you

I tried changing the language in the Regional and Language Options in Control Panel, under Advance,

Are you using XP Home? - I don't see the language options available for Home that are in Pro. If you are looking for a near complete conversion - menus, help files etc. you won't find it unless you have an enterprise license agreement with MS, then you will have access to the MUI packs

No, it is a fresh install from a MS Windows XP Prof w/ SP1 Client Business (Microsoft Licensing - Volume License) disc from Oct. 2002. I slipstreamed SP3 into this .iso I made with N-Lite. The installation works fine, but it is in English only.

I tried installing it with the WINXP SP1 disc but it won't install any other languages. The muisetup.exe still fails to install any other languages. I guess it is b/c we don't have an Enterprise License like that. Sucks...

I'm fearing that I will have to buy a Windows installation cd in a different language to actually have this :(

You shouldn't be having this problem at all :confused:.

You should be able to go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> Details -> Add ... whichever language you want. If you want to add an east Asian language ( I install Japanese for my wife), it will help if you check the "Install files for East Asian languages" box on the Languages tab and click "Apply" before you "Add" the language.

Back