Unable to add second Exchange server to DAG or Failover Cluster

KapsZ28

2[H]4U
I have two Exchange 2010 servers running on Server 2008 R2 at two different sites. The sites are connected through a SonicWall site to site VPN. Exchange works perfectly fine on both servers, but I am not able to get the failover working. DAG is configured on MAIL01. On MAIL02, I open EMS and run the following command.

“Add-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupServer –identity DAG –MailboxServer MAIL02”

It always fails when trying to add MAIL02 to the cluster. Here is the error message.
Code:
Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 09:17:11
NJ
Failed
Error:
A source-side operation failed. Error The Microsoft Exchange Replication service may not be running on server MAIL02.DOMAIN.LOCAL. Error: Error 0x6ba (The RPC server is unavailable) from cli_RpccGetDbSeedStatus.
Error 0x6ba (The RPC server is unavailable) from cli_RpccGetDbSeedStatus
Click here for help... [URL]http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms.exch.err.default(EXCHG.141).aspx?v=14.1.355.1&t=exchgf1&e=ms.exch.err.Ex4543D9[/URL]
Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity ‘NJ\MAIL02' -SourceServer 'MAIL01' -Network 'DAG\DAGNetwork01' -DeleteExistingFiles
Elapsed Time: 09:17:11
Node 'mail02' failed to join the cluster because it could not send and receive failure detection network messages with other cluster nodes. Please run the Validate a Configuration wizard to ensure network settings. Also verify the Windows Firewall 'Failover Clusters' rules.

If I look at the cluster log files, it is always the same error.
Code:
Event 1572: Node 'MAIL02' failed to join the cluster because it could not send and receive failure detection network messages with other cluster nodes. Please run the Validate a Configuration wizard to ensure network settings. Also verify the Windows Firewall 'Failover Clusters' rules.

I ran the Cluster Validation to check networking between the two nodes and this is what I get.

Code:
The HostRecordTTL property for network name 'Name: DAG' is set to 300 ( 5 minutes). For local clusters the suggested value is 1200 (20 minutes).

For this, I run the following command:

“cluster res "cluster network 1" /priv HostRecordTTL=1200”

But I keep getting error 5007, the cluster resource could not be found. Not sure why I am getting that error since “cluster network 1” is definitely the correct name.
I am also getting this message in the validation.

Code:
Node MAIL01.DOMAIN.LOCAL is reachable from Node mail02.domain.local by only one pair of interfaces. It is possible that this network path is a single point of failure for communication within the cluster. Please verify that this single path is highly available or consider adding additional networks to the cluster. The following are all pings attempted from network interfaces on node mail02.domain.local to network interfaces on node MAIL01.DOMAIN.LOCAL. 
Result  Source Network Interface  Destination Network Interface  Same Cluster Network  Maximum Allowed Round-Trip Latency  
Success  mail02.domain.local - MAIL02 Team  MAIL01.DOMAIN.LOCAL - MAIL01 Team  False  2000  
Result  Source IP Address  Destination IP Address  
Success  192.168.50.15  192.168.150.15

It seems obvious that the issue is related to the network, but I can’t figure out what. Windows Firewall is turned off on both servers. I created a Service Object for UDP 3343 in both SonicWall routers. The IP address of MAIL01 is 192.168.150.15 and MAIL02 is 192.168.50.15. What am I missing?

Back