Unable to Access CCC.

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
I was having some trouble after updating my video card drivers in a few games so I decided to reinstall CCC.

After reinstalling, I got this message saying something about the gamma settings being not right for the monitor and the screen went black.

After a few boots where I had to hard shutdown since I couldn't see anything, Windows had to recover the registry.

I assumed the Samsung Magicbright software that came with the monitor was messing with CCC, so I got into safe mode and uninstalled that.

After reinstalling CCC a few times I finally have the computer working normally again, although when I try to get into CCC, I get this error saying that I don't have permission to and that I should contact my Admin.

Well, I am the admin so I don't know what the deal is. I went to log into my admin account in Safe Mode and my password wasn't working for that. So I had to reset the password on that account. Once I got in there I still couldn't get CCC to open properly.

When booting Windows normally, the CCC message I was getting before doesn't even pop up. If I run RTHDRIBL, everything seems normal so I know the drivers are working, I just can't access the CCC control panel at all. There's no System Tray icon either.

I tried updating the .Net Framework and that didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you use the DriverCleaner method of uninstalling your drivers posted in these forums?

Exactly what version of .Net you have installed?

ps. It seems that MagicTune stops working with every new ATI driver they release, been through this for a year or so. I admit that nowdays its been better and I have not had trobules with MagicTune for months even while updating ATI drivers. Good reason to get a monitor with buttons next time :D

Used driver cleaner many times.

I've done about 5-6 reinstalls.

I have .Net 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 installed.

I'm getting other weird problems where my Windows XP User Account seems to be restricted from doing certain things.

I think the registry recovery messed up user permissions on my system.

It sounds like youmay have bigger problems than not being able to access ccc...

As much as I hate to say this... you might want to try a repair install of XP...

Yeah, I came to that conclusion last night.

I'm trying to get a hold of a Windows disc, since mine is at my parents' house.

Back