Unable to access any PC via Network-Win7

SBMongoos

[H]ard|Gawd
Odd, at my laptop (Win7 HP 64bit) I can access my desktop (Win7 Pro 64bit) and laptop via "network" in My Computer. But on my desktop I cannot access the laptop or even the desktop (same machine). I get the following message:

Click here

I've checked my Eset firewall, checked the workgroup and so on. Maybe permissions on desktop blocking the access across the network and the desktop itself?

Last edited:
permissions/firewall.

Thanks. But would you be will to provide more details please. If you are referring to zones and such set up in the ESS firewall I don't see anything in the way. I could be missing something.

Edit: I've uninstalled Eset and tested the connection but I continue to have the original problem.

Last edited:
check to make sure the computer is set to a private network not public... thats got me a few times when i though everything was turned on (sharing and such)

check to make sure the computer is set to a private network not public... thats got me a few times when i though everything was turned on (sharing and such)

You mean that the Win 7 Pro machine is in the Homegroup?

Last edited:
Try pinging your desktop by it hostname

In this case it be WNS-DESKTOP. Report back the results

Try pinging your desktop by it hostname

In this case it be WNS-DESKTOP. Report back the results

I can ping the desktop and by the looks of it I would say IPv6 is being used. I can also ping the laptop (WNS-LAPTOP) from the desktop in the same way.

I still cannot access the laptop via the Network link in Computer. I can see it in Homegroup and the shared folders, now, but I cannot access the folders. What the...

Back