Un-integrating KillCopy and going back to Windows copy manager?

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue for quite some time. Previously I had used an application called KillCopy, as I had thought it would speed up the copying of files between my portable hard drive and my PC when I had Windows Vista. I know it's not going to be the fastest, however I felt that it was much slower than it should be and also that Vista was notoriously slow when copying large amounts of data.

I've previously installed Windows 7, and wanted to go ahead and remove killcopy. From what I can find, there is no uninstall manager, and there is nothing listed in Add / Remove programs. As a test, I've renamed the killcopy directory to "KillcopyX", and now when I go to copy files Killcopy won't run but neither will the traditional manager that displays from within Windows.

Is there any way that I can permanently remove this application, and restore the windows file manager to handling the copy process? Perhaps a registry change or something?

Thanks!

reinstall KillCopy then uninstall?
how is it on your Win7 install if you had installed it under Vista? did you do an in-place upgrade from Vista to 7?

Yes, I did the Windows 7 upgrade and since I was already running Vista x64 it performed the in-place upgrade. :) I'll give the reinstall / uninstall a shot.

Reinstall / Uninstall worked. Apparently there was a file that you could use to do the uninstall... however as it was the only executable, I thought it was the main program file. Thanks!

I've been fortunately, I've had absolutely no issues performing this so I'm quite pleased. If I do I'll do a reformat, but here's the question:

How does a clean install work with a Windows 7 upgrade disk?

I've been fortunately, I've had absolutely no issues performing this so I'm quite pleased. If I do I'll do a reformat, but here's the question:

How does a clean install work with a Windows 7 upgrade disk?
Upgrade disks are essentially full discs. Only difference is paper license in package.

Not like WinXP days.

Back