• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ummm, what is going on

jellyhead

Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
723
Long time lurker needs a hand please :)

Just installed a Gainward 6800U, I was running a 9800Pro.

Installed DX9c

Removed all ATI bits with control panel & uninstall tool.

Installed 6800U. Have tried 61.77 & 65.62 drivers

When I right click on desktop & select properties, then advanced, I get the following error messages:

Could not read from registry 041
Could not read from registry 044
No ATI card was detected

Then it lets me into advanced as normal.

I can right click and jump straight into advanced properties without the above happening, however I feel it's got something to do with my D3 issues (just taken the monorail for a second spin (just before it goes fubar and catches fire)). I'm now experiencing slowdown & lag.

I've also tried driver cleaner in safe mode etc...

Realise I've posed a couple of questions - any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jelly :)
 
U used driver cleaner before you started having problems or after?
Also, do u have some add on proggies like coolbits or powerstrip that are loading at startup and expecting an ATI card? Uninstall/Reinstall them!
 
yevaud said:
U used driver cleaner before you started having problems or after?
Also, do u have some add on proggies like coolbits or powerstrip that are loading at startup and expecting an ATI card? Uninstall/Reinstall them!

Cheers yevaud.

I used DC after the issues :(

Also, just found radlinker still installed. Just off to get rid of it.... Will see what then! :)
 
Cheers yevaud - getting rid of Radlinker sorted the error messages.

Also uninstalled Nv drivers, used DC too in safe mode. Then installed 65x drivers and D3 is looking & playing the way it should!

Nice one :D
 
Find that if I play UT2k4 (or any other game that I like to apply AA & AF to from the CP), I find that when I go back into D3, it thinks I want AA etc there too (even if I chose app pref). Only way round this (that I know) is to choose a level of AA (doesn't matter which level), apply it, then choose what you want (app pref in this case), then apply & ok that. Failure to do so will result in the game adopting whatever level of AA you used before.

Weird huh? :confused:
 
Back
Top