• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ummm are these default settings safe?

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
My NEC 2141 has a factory preset of 30% brightness 100% contrast. The manual says contrast shouldn't be at full.(but images look so good with it maxed)

Did some idiot at the factory accidently set the preset to 100%? Should I keep it @ max or lower it?
 
I usually have my contrast @ 100% and my brightness at 50% or lower (depending on make of monitor).

Of course if you really want to be accurate you can spend the time to calibrate your monitor with a proggie.
 
Just lowering the contrast by 20 makes things really dark, I have to bump up my brightness a ton.

Know any programs I can use to calibrate the thing? I think I might try the THX optimizer on my T2 dvd :)
 
Back
Top