umm how do I reboot my 9300?

56k For Life

2[H]4U
*Newb question I know* My Inspiron 9300 just BSOD'ed on me (for the first time) and I can't figure out how to restart it. Unplugging the power just causes the laptop to run from the battery. So what's the trick?

You usually can't "reboot" laptops but if you hold the power button for a few seconds the system will power off and you can then power it back on.

If that doesn't work for some reason (it should) remove the battery and it'll shut off.

Just a neat tip - holding down the power button on a desktop will also turn it off - useful if your desktop doesn't have a reset button.

oh, and I don't really recomend this one, as I don't know if there could be adverse hardware effects or not.... but you could just take the battery out too... :D

The_Engineer said:
oh, and I don't really recomend this one, as I don't know if there could be adverse hardware effects or not.... but you could just take the battery out too... :D
To be honest I have been doing it by holding down the power button for every laptop I have ever owned. I am on my 8th laptop and still no problems. My original laptop is still running and being used by an old roommate as a word processor. :) It would suck having to flip the laptop and unhook the battery every time. I wouldnt worry too much about it.

The_Engineer said:
There is potential to damage the Laptop since the leads on the battery connector don't ground before the live connections are made. But then again, alot of Laptops let you hot swap batteries (when the Laptop can use dual batts) Like my Inspiron 8200.

Back