• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Um, what just happened?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 69395
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 69395

Guest
After heavily playing quake ove the last oh 4-5 days my computer went from normal load temps at 38-40C they just jumped to 52C with normal load which for me is just web browsing....

I have some Silicone Heat Paste that I will put on tomorrow, but will I have to keep reapplying every few months? If so can u buy those little things that come on the heatsinks with retail cpus? U just pull the tab thing and pop on the heatsink and ure set. Thermal pads i think they are called.
 
Thermal pads suck. It is best to just re-apply thermal compund every so often.
 
Ill do that later its 2 Am right now. I cleaned out a little dust and it dropped back to 42 where I am satisfied until I can find a non magnetic screw driver so I can reapply greace
 
Originally posted by ChappyChaps11
Ill do that later its 2 Am right now. I cleaned out a little dust and it dropped back to 42 where I am satisfied until I can find a non magnetic screw driver so I can reapply greace

You don't need a non-magnetic screwdriver to remove your heatsink.
 
yea but I feel safer incase I slip, and I found one, and I think that ill just buy a better hsf setup
 
Originally posted by ChappyChaps11
yea but I feel safer incase I slip, and I found one, and I think that ill just buy a better hsf setup

Slipping with any screwdriver is potentially dangerous, but whether or not it's magnetized makes no difference. What do you think it's going to hurt?
 
My processor, it doesnt matter tho, I found a non magnetic and I am actually buying a new hsf setup I have a WTB thread in sooo
 
Originally posted by ChappyChaps11
My processor, it doesnt matter tho, I found a non magnetic and I am actually buying a new hsf setup I have a WTB thread in sooo

Well, just FYI, the magnetic tip isn't going to harm your processor.
 
Back
Top