• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ultrasharp? what does that mean?

andré2005

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
128
dell's ultrasharp lcds, what is the dot pitch on those lcds monitors, i can't find on their website, anyone know?
 
The dot pitch is the same as on all other LCDs. It's just a name, like "Syncmaster" by Samsung for example.
 
It's just a name. Like Toyota Corolla. Or Nissan Pathfinder. The Corolla doesn't exactly roll better, and the Patherfinder does not find paths. In fact, I think there's actually something in the owners manual that say's it isn't for off road use.Because it say's "ultrasharp" Doesn't mean it's sharper it's just a brand name.
 
Really? I thought they had a higher contrast ratio than the standard LCDs, so they were given the "UltraSharp" name. I seem to remember a 500:1 on the 17" UltraSharp but only 250 or 300:1 on the regular 17", or something to that order....
 
andré2005 said:
i am a fedex contractor. don't forget your tip when you see one of us at your door

Nice sig..... I got a tip for ya...stop smashing my packages..
 
Ultrasharp most likely just means they're sharper than the previous models (i.e. last year's model had a 400:1 contrast ratio, this year's "Ultrasharp" has a 402:1 contrast ratio). I have an "Ultrasharp" 2001fp, and it is quite crisp. Then again, so is every other LCD on the market, since the pixels are distinct as LCD elements.

I hate marketing, hehe. Names means nothing, only compare specs, and only compare specs that you can verify were measured in the same way. So really, don't look at specs, read reviews, see things for yourself, and you'll be much better off. =]
 
I just got a 17" ultrasharp and looking over dell's website, the only significant difference I can see between an ultrasharp and a plain lcd is that the ultrasharp has a DVI connection, whereas the plain vanilla 17" doesn't: it only has an RGB vga connection (DB-15/25 or whatever).

And yes, I guess comparing a DVI fed lcd to a similar lcd fed with an RGB connection, it would appear 'ultrasharp' in comparison.

My ultrasharp is being used as a second display to my existing samsung 172T (only because these monitors seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth), and I can attest to its very high level of brightness, compared to the 172T.
 
Crosshairs said:
Nice sig..... I got a tip for ya...stop smashing my packages..
contractors don't do that, we complain to fedex about that. they only care about making money. i am serious. they are greedy. to much boxes in the terminal and they handle them very fast, not caring if they are going to smashing them or not.
 
Back
Top