UltraSharp 2009W

apple2gs

Mr. No-Photon
Anyone got one yet I was looking at picking one up for my next upgrade

I'm curious too. I couldn't even find any reviews out on the net yet. Usually I wait for some reviews before buying any computer hardware but this time I figured I would go order the 2009W monitor any way and decide for myself.

Once I get time to check it out I'll post my unprofessional thoughts about it if time permits.

Looks like a TN panel with 160/170 viewing angle spec. If you had a 2007WFP, the 2009W would be a downgrade.

I was wondering what was going on here because this one lacks all the analog ports!

Knowing this is TN not my S-IPS, I don't feel so bad anymore. :)

Dell have released details of a new 20" monitor in their ever-popular range of screens. The new 2009W will offer a 20"WS size, 1680 x 1050 resolution, 5ms response time, 2000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness and 170/160 viewing angles. The screen will offer an extended colour gamut which is based on CIE1976 (102% coverage) and CIE1931 (92% coverage) test standards of the NTSC colour space. So basically it's a 92% colour gamut extension! The screen also offers interface options for DVI-D (HDCP supported) and VGA, and comes with swivel, height, tilt and pivot adjustments. There are 4x USB 2.0 ports featured along with the usual cable ties and VESA compatibility. The design and features remain the same as the previous 2007WFP model, but the panel is now obviously TN Film based. Interestingly Dell have skipped having a 2008WFP model for some reason, even though they have recently released the 3008WFP and 2408WFP models.
Found this at tft central

Who makes a S-IPS 20" wide screen monitor? Most seem to be TN panels now.

Well guys/gals

I received my Dell 2009W monitor today. YES, it's a TN panel. The color shifting is significant and unusable for any graphic/photo work. However, if you need a good general LCD for nearly everything else I think it's great. But, it's definitely NOT for me. I played a DVD movie and it was find. It seemed to me that there was a slight red and blue color shift in the display.

So, back it goes. I'll just have to save up for a better display.

i just got this LCD as a tie on to a work rig, i got the UltraSharp vs regualr thinking it WOULDN'T be a dam TN panel! god dam dell, so what is so "ultra" "sharp" about this then if it is a TN panel!

so why bother with UltraSharps anymore if they are just using crap TN panels like every other DELL LCD

Back