Ultraportable/Ultrabook Video Editing?

overlord20

Gawd
Hi,

I am moving from a large place to a very very small place for 2-6 months come about May and traveling a lot in which I won't be able to bring my desktop with me as there will be no where for it to go and you can't really take one on a plane.

So my question is, is their an Ultrabook or "Ultraportable (U400 or XPS 14z) that can handle Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop as well as light gaming including Minecraft, Dungeon Defenders, Sanctum, League of Legends. If this were a desktop I would know what I was going to get but I am unsure what is the best performance to dollar in small laptops. It also needs a at least a 13" screen. Backlit keyboards and stuff doesn't matter as I don't look at what I am typing anyways. I already own a external DVD burner so an optical drive is not needed.

All help is appreciated,

overlord20

hmm I would assume as long as the system is 64 bit and u can add boatloads of ram as well as a decent video card, ultrabooks should be ok for video editing.

I want to stay away from Apple, I hate OSX and it seems like comparable windows machines are cheaper? I am just wondering if they have the power to run the programs and render full HD.

Get an Envy 14 with an i7 Quad Core. Probably the best bang-for-buck mobile allrounder.

Not really sure if what you are looking for is an ultra portable, they all contain ulv processors which cut into performance and don't really contain much memory.

That 14z if a great little machine though, if thats in your price range its a great laptop (my step brother owns one).

Back