UltraMon Issue

[H]ump

Weaksauce
Guys,

Lub ultramon, but upon entering a 3d game my right monitor (secondary), all the items on it shift like half way over to the right, upon returning they do not shift back left any ideas?? Driving me crazy

The YELLOW line depicts the seperation between monitors.

Any ideas??
Im using a ATI Radeon 9800 driver version: 7.94-030917m-011595C
with a Viewsonic 21" P815 and a Viewsonic 21" G810 both resolutions set at 1280x1024

First Pic Before going in game:

desk1.jpg

2nd Pic In Game

ingameshot.jpg

3rd Pic After I come back to my desktop:

comeback.jpg

Well, this is not really a ultramon problem, more so it's a 3D API dual monitor problem. this will happen with or without ultramon. as for a fix? non that I know of. I think we will need to wait for the next OS that will use video cards in a better way in a multi display enviroment.

ps if you play games in a Window or window mode this will not happen.

You could right-click on the Ultramon icon in the taskbar and select "Disable secondary" before you play your game. This will stop your problem. I have also found that if you play the game in your native rez, this is a non issue.

Originally posted by FlipperBizkut
I have also found that if you play the game in your native rez, this is a non issue.
Yeah, I second that. If I play the game in the same res as desktop is on the monitor I'm playing on, no problems! :)

cant really play cs competively at 1280x1024 things are just waaaayyyy to small

Rage3D Tweaker has an option for saving your icons. If it works for your case be sure to respond.

Back