Ultrabook recommendations

Loki008

2[H]4U
I am looking for recommendations on an ultrabook.

I am coming from an older thinkpad x200 convertible. I got it just about 5 years ago and its been a great laptop. It still runs quite well with an SSD and I am fairly happy with it. However the battery is shot and that has got me thinking about buying a new laptop over spending the money on upgrades and a new battery.

I have been looking at the Carbon X1 however the specs seem a bit iffy for the price and i figured I would see if there are any other recommendations on solid ultrabooks to look at.

Ideally I would like to spend between $1,000 and $1,500 and I am looking for something with a solid build and a sharp display.

Macbook pro 13 inch, if you don't mind changing ecosystems. The Lenovo Yoga 2 or 3 are also nice if you want to stay in the PC realm.

Yeah, I'd honestly look into the Retina MacBook Pro unless there are apps you have to use that are Windows-only. It's wild to get 9 hours of real-world battery life from something with a 2560x1600 screen and a regular-voltage mobile processor (so long as you avoid a battery hog app like Chrome, anyway). And the weight will likely be comparable to your X200, to boot.

I ended up getting the Cabon X1. I considered the Macbook, however I am not interested in OS X. Overall I've liked it so far. My only complaint is the active buttons along the top of the keyboard. I often find myself accidentally hitting them with the way I hold my hand when using the direction arrows.

Back