Limp Gawd
sounds like a nice case

but I wouldnt trust the PSU
with very few exceptions, any PSU bundled with a case is generic junk
worth maybe $10 > $20

a good PSU will run you $75 > $130 or so

its anemic on the +12V
and its not "the highest quality power supply on the market" LOL
your likely to need alot more amps on the +12V rail (or possibly rails as in dual +12V rails)
but you didnt mention exactly what its powering
its ATX 12V Version 1.1
we are now on ATX12V v2.0, its not even ATX12V v1.3
might be an OK supply to power mobos about a year and a half old (depends withouts specs I wouldnt let it near my KR7A)

http://www.ultraproducts.com/item.php?sku=U10-9500 T
there are no specs, a bad sign, likely a rebrand of something else with a pretty enclosure
post what your trying to power

At least I can say that the designers had enough sense to use 2 fans instead of 1 exhaust :)...

Tiger Direct is selling it for $75 seperately. If I do order the combo before I use the psu I'll pop up the hood and take a look at it. Since I DESPERATELY need a new power supply since my old power supply blew and took my mobo with it :( . I'll just need to be powering a:
ASUS A7V600
512MB Crucial PC2100
ATi Radeon 9700PRO
Sound Blaster Live
80GB Samsung HD
20GB Samsung HD
and 2 cd drives.

Of course I'm sensible enough not to use that power supply on an expensive system. But at least I'll feel more comfortable with that than my old 400Watt Powmax (POS, R.I.Pieces)

Its likely a little better than that Powmax
however, for a short term fix Id recommend a Fortron
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-968&depa=0
(putting one of these in my brothers box) ATX12V v1.3 compliant +12V @ 28A peak

for something that would actually see you into the next gen Id recommend an Antec NeoPower
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-924&depa=0
+12V1@18A, +12V2@15A 24 & 20 pin main, 6 pin PCI-E video connector ect
isolated dual rails, 3% voltage regulation ATX12V v2.0 compliant and backward compatible

more > http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=779582 (lots more)

I was already looking at an Antec TruePower 430 and a Vantec Stealth 420 but I'm also trying to save $$$ so I can get my comp back up ASAP. As for the power supplies with PCI-E connectors I have no use for them since if I built a box with PCI-E I'd buy a whole new power supply anyway.

So right now I'm just trying to get my box up with something that'll work decently until I can get to the GOOD stuff!

that Fortron is $75
run through thta link for a calculator and "formula" for figuring your needs
then get a good brand name PSU
watts dont mean much these days per se
what you need is the proper distribution of amps
a trustworthy brand, that has been independantly verified to supply specs

you could likely get away with less watts in a good power supply
but knowing its a brand you can trust is the trick
many manufacturers lie like dogs
or simply provide rudimentary specs
Ive even seen several instances where they are listing specs that arent even compliant with ATX (any version) :p

both the Vantec (Topower in relaity) and the Antec are good supplies, (the TruePower being a notch up on stability) however you still need the right amp distribution
specifically the +12V, everything uses the +12V now, which is the primary sea chnage that has occured, and where people get into trouble thinking watts means something
the graphics cards chew +12V, the CPUs are also now powered by +12V, and the drives as always, and the issue is that since everything is on the +12V rail, when stuff spins up or shuts off, you can get a transient load (over shoot or under shoot) that the component being powered might not like (which is why there are now isolated rails)

run the numbers first
make sure you have approximately 1\3rd more amps on the +12V rail than tha calculator says you need for that 430, and youll be very happy

if you load closer, it will likely still be OK, but 1\3rd to 1\2 is a far better margin

Didn't I just say Antec it is? Numbers have been ran, I'll be good..... Jury dismissed

Thank you for your time. :)

Back