• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ultra X4 series

KrylonArt

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,500
Anyone happen to have one of the Ultra X4 series, I have an Ultra X3 1000w and am putting together a new system. I was looking at the Corsair HX and the Enermax Revolution series, but I just saw this was out and was wondering how it is.
 
We just got some in a bit ago, the review will be forthcoming.
 
Awesome, was hoping that there was a review in the works. Hopefully the reviews are good because I have my eye on the 1200w since it is only $10 more.
 
Cool. can't wait to see it they are built like the 1000W or the 1600W Quality wise. :)
 
I looked at the PSU on another marketing site.
The X4, to me anyway, doesn't seem to offer alot more than the X3. I have had nothing but excellent performance from my X3.

It is modular, but the Flex-cables that I really like in my 1000W X3 are no longer.
The cables are just like everyone else's now.

The X4 has a single large 12V rail, just like the X3 and is made by Andyson as is the X3.
The size is still pretty compact which I like.

About the only thing that would move me to upgrade my X3 would be a bit more amperage available on the 1200W model.

Tigerdirect web page with a youtube deal........the guy on youtube is pretty lame in discussing the PSU though:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4143847&Sku=ULT40323
 
The higher-wattage versions use a different Andyson platform from the X3 series. Performance is alright, but ripple suppression and efficiency are not very good compared to most current units in their wattage range.

You'd be much better off with an HX1000 or Revolution85+ 1050W (especially with the Enermax).
 
Back
Top