Ultra wide Gaming Support (21:9)

Ultrawide gaming support is really hit or miss so far, I've found. I love the monitor I picked up but it really bothers me that I am limited by games because it introduces an "unfair competitive advantage." This is silly IMO because if I have a really awesome gaming computer with high CPU/GPU and low latency gaming hardware, then I should be able to take advantage of those things. The same should be true for a monitor. At the very LEAST we should not have FOV cut off as it would be more appealing to have black bars on the sides, if nothing else, so we aren't at a DISADVANTAGE. Really frustrating...

The only games I’ve seen not support 21:9 are blizzard games which only my kids play, so that bothers me not at all. The vast majority of games support 21:9.

I guess I should clarify...the vast majority of games that support multiplayer do NOT. Overwatch. Dead by Daylight. Blizzard games. Etc.

I guess I should clarify...the vast majority of games that support multiplayer do NOT. Overwatch. Dead by Daylight. Blizzard games. Etc.

You listed a Blizzard game, Dead by Daylight, then Blizzard games again.

Either way, all I play are multiplayer games and I love my PG348Q.

WoW, diablo 3, HOTS are all ultra wide. There is the widescreengsmingforum website that will tell you if a game is 21.9

Set your in game overwatch resolution to 2560x1440 in the Overwatch control panel and change your Nvidia scaling option to no scaling. Then you’ll get black bars on left and right and you’ll not have a distorted FoV.

upload_2018-12-25_15-48-43.png

You may have to turn off scaling in your monitor GUI too if your monitor is trying to scale.
With these strings at least you won’t be at a disadvantage.

The only option is to convince Blizzard to change their mind. good luck.

I can see it not being supported or allowed in competitive multiplayer games.

21:9 3440x1440 has been a game changer for me. Not all games support 21:9, but you can play 2560x1440 (my other preferred resolution) with black bars on the side if there’s no native support. If I didn’t have a 21:9 monitor, I’d be using a 27” 2450x1440 monitor anyways. For games and movies that do support it, it’s amazing.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I was just frustrated that two of my favorite games I play aren't going to play nice. I've tried quite a few more and like one of you said it really has been a game changer. Love this screen!

Back